You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New to forum

your last question on "is there anything else i should look for" is a really open ended one.

each of us have a different tolerance on what we are willing to accept as we buy a coach that is 10-20 years old (or more).

i am totally unafraid of ripping into anything on my coach. many others here are the same way. some are less inclined to do so from a skill or time perspective.

these are magnificent machines that were built with amazing quality. unless it has been incredibly abused or neglected, most things are just a matter of either a checkbook, credit card and your time.

as you know already, just batteries and tires can chew up $10k on the coaches with a tag and 8 batteries.

almost all coaches of this age will have something wrong with them. mine certainly does.

the expensive things are no different than on your foretravel.

the ones with basement airs can be a hassle if they dont work right. but most of them do. mine does. (thanks russ!).

russ rebuilt my control boards with new relays.

the best thing is to have someone look at it with you.

i was lucky in that the seller of my 02 drove it to my house in mesa, az from southern california for me to look at it. i only had to step out of my front door to see it. and that happened to be a day that steve bare was stopping by to visit us. he helped me look it over.

later

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Messages In This Thread
New to forum - by qcj - 03-04-2013, 08:30 AM
RE: New to forum - by encantotom - 03-04-2013, 10:02 AM
RE: New to forum - by encantotom - 03-04-2013, 10:14 AM
RE: New to forum - by qcj - 03-04-2013, 11:09 AM
RE: New to forum - by rheavn - 03-04-2013, 11:10 AM
RE: New to forum - by qcj - 03-04-2013, 03:11 PM