You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Goodyear Air bag burping

i went out to the shop this morning and found the spare new goodyear bag i had.  

this bag i believe is for the tag.  that is what i used it for on my 99 when i had it.  

for sure, it is a totally different design than the one i took off that was doing the burping.   the new one has the bottom plate (which is a resin of some kind and not metal like the old one) that is bolted on and cannot come off without taking the nut off.  

it is a goodyear 1r11-202   which is the goodyear equivalent for the w01-358-9378.    this is the tag bag.     

so if the drive bags are different, then this solution is only for the tag.  

so this only helps if you are burping with the tag bag which i was on the 99.  

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

and btw, if anyone would like to buy this new in the box bag, let me know. i had it as a spare for the 99 and i no longer have a need for it.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

That is indeed a tag bag. That plate on the bottom will rotate IF the center nut is loosened. Different Newells ran the bottom bolt pattern east west or north south.

The drive bag is different with one stud in the exact center. Two studs on the top, and a large inlet opening.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Tom Do you still have that air bag?

I am assuming it will fit my coach.

1998 Coach 484
1997 Suzuki Sidekick toad. 
Cheers.  

I am stuck, trapped as it were, by air bags that won't inflate. Temps at night in the 30º and daytime highs in the 60's by late afternoon.

I am basically level and I am making 130 psi of air, the valves are actuating best I can tell (being a single traveler).

I have one of the fine Newell's that can't roll on empty air bags without regrooving the tires.

The temps are on the rise Hopefully in the low 80's by Tuesday with nighttime in the 40's.

Wish me luck.

1998 Coach 484
1997 Suzuki Sidekick toad. 
Cheers.  

TJ,
It sounds similar to when my pressure protection valve failed. I had air to the brake system but none to the air bags. Had a mobile mechanic hook up air to the 120V compressor discharge line to air up bags & raise coach so he could get underneath it to make the replacement for the pressure protection valve. Missed a Charlie Pride concert due to the failure. Not sure if this is your problem, but thought I would let you know one of my experiences.

Has anyone received
their airbags from MTS or heard of a revised shipping date?

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Gurus,
Just heard back from Dave at MTS looks like mid to late June is what Firestone is quoting for production....he is checking to confirm.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Attempting to be helpful... not sure if this is a good alternative to the Firestone's but found this on the web today and wanted to share in case waiting until June (or after) is not a viable option. Let me know if this is a good cross over part number. 
Safe travels... 
Paul

Paul and Angi
Addie and Scout (our GSP pups)
2007 Coach #1202
2020 Gladiator toad

Firestone says they have 20 in stock.

I poked Michigan Truck Spring with an inquiry asking if they were going to ship my bags.

If you are also waiting on MTS, you may want to reach out and poke also.

Quick Edit, called MTS, they are checking, I will report more when I know more.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )