You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

S60 Jake Brake Question

I had a non-working Jake. After a ton of Diagnostics it turned out to be TWO intermittent toggle switches. The ON/OFF and the HI/LO jake switches. Easily sourced and replaced. Works great now!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Since you were successful in securing the switches would you kindly post the parts numbers for others?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard,
If I had them I would, we just took the old ones to a local autoparts chain and matched them. They are both quite common.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Thanks Rick, I will take a look at them. Just came back from checking the fuses and they look fine.

Dario
#581 2001 45'8"

Dario,
Be careful removing the control panel as there are a TON of wires and support structure under there. Take PICTURES before unhooking the wiring... ask me how I know to do THAT!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Rick is right - a ton of wires under there.

After the plastic paddle/actuator on the headlight switch broke off in my hand while rolling down the interstate at dusk I replaced all 6 switches in that panel with chromed metal actuator types. I wish I still had part numbers, but I don't. All were readily available from Grainger. My only regret is not getting the illuminated tip versions for the on/off switches.

David and MaryLynn Kammeraad
1996 Newell #427
2014 Buick Lacrosse

Thanks for all your advice. I will be careful and photo everything.

Dario

Newell used Cole Hersee switches for those paddle switches. The one for the jakes is DPDT

Here is the SKU https://www.elecdirect.com/cole-hersee-s...6-blades-1

Probably cheaper elsewhere.

Dario, take the nut off both the HI/LO switch and the ON/OFF switch and pull them down out of the rats nest together. The wiring between the two of them is short, and they come out much easier together than separately.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Those are not the same switches used on my '96.

I found some photos from when i replaced them.

Hope it's helpful!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Thanks for the photos Rick this helps. Also thank you Richard to the link as these are the same paddle switches I have.

Dario Perini
#581 2001 45'8"