You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New LED marker lights

Hello,
Wanted to mention to forum here that there are marker lights indentical to the ones on 2011/2012 Newells and I am in process changing them on my 2001 Newell

They are made to last some 50.000 hrs plus and totally eald system.
One problem I ran was that spacing bold holes are more like 5 " apart , not 4 inches , so I used 3M tape on one end and bolt on other.
I did try drill new hole at 5 " and it worked as well as 3M tape

The lights have very nice and strong LED lights , bright and also very nice finish with chrome framing around .

I looked at all 2012 newells at teh MCC resort where we staying and they looks the same.

I was able to find them for cool $7 each on line at www.superbrightleds.com
I also replaced my rear tail lights , thanks to tom And Ron for good contacts and replacing all interior lights to LED

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

les, they look really nice. do you do house calls?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(03-10-2013, 10:24 AM)encantotom Wrote:  les, they look really nice. do you do house calls?

tom

Haha! No, but I can upgrade few of them here at Motor Coach Country Club , few 2000+ newells are here!

We love it so much that we put down offer yeterday on the water lot! 'love to stay here 4 months each year!

Thinking custom finihing our entire roof , here i guy who do custom work to older coaches , would be nice to put 4 Girrard on teh top and cover entire guts of teh roof that way, also plenty shade while stying here in the sun!
its 30k upgrade with custom end caps ( moldings )

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

(03-10-2013, 06:11 PM)afrench Wrote:  Les, I have always wanted to change the front and rear cap on my coach, and mount the awnings on the roof. A friend of mine spend about $30k with Featherlite on his Prevost doing it and it looks like a new one now.... My problem is knowing that I would never get a dime out of it when I go to sell my coach!
What cap would the company you are referring to put on your coach?

Andrew

(03-10-2013, 01:04 PM)les korcala Wrote:  
(03-10-2013, 10:24 AM)encantotom Wrote:  les, they look really nice. do you do house calls?

tom

Haha! No, but I can upgrade few of them here at Motor Coach Country Club , few 2000+ newells are here!

We love it so much that we put down offer yeterday on the water lot! 'love to stay here 4 months each year!

Thinking custom finihing our entire roof , here i guy who do custom work to older coaches , would be nice to put 4 Girrard on teh top and cover entire guts of teh roof that way, also plenty shade while stying here in the sun!
its 30k upgrade with custom end caps ( moldings )

Andrew,
the guys who i spoke with here in MCC resort has Featherlite coach 2000 totally custom , amazing paint job ( Ferrari red ) one slide size he has women in bikini painted and on teh other side one of his dogs!

He has upgraded many coaches ( older ones ) with set of 4 Girrards , the caps on this show coach are very square shape at 90 angle, he said he custom build moldings ( end caps ) first form out of s. foam and than f. glass

I have to take some shots of thsi coach , he has 30,000sf shop and they pecialize in custom remadeling mostly older coaches.

I will get his name and snap few shots of thei show coach!!!

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

wow, that is a lot of money. i know it would be cool, but is it really worth the dollars? on resale it wouldnt really get much of anything. and if you were keeping the coach forever it is still a lot of money. the girards are 5k a piece and the body work has to be expensive.

but, if you got money burning a hole in your pocket go for it!

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(03-10-2013, 10:07 PM)encantotom Wrote:  wow, that is a lot of money. i know it would be cool, but is it really worth the dollars? on resale it wouldnt really get much of anything. and if you were keeping the coach forever it is still a lot of money. the girards are 5k a piece and the body work has to be expensive.

but, if you got money burning a hole in your pocket go for it!

tom

Yes, its it pricy! its not so much what the coach looks , but from practical point of view , here every coach is parked say 4-5 months and you do get direct sun pearcing hard in to the coach , even with full on AC still gets hot ! lot of coaches have them out and it make huge diference! many of them are fully out to the roof of their casitas and covers entire patio! or some of them use as the patio shade cover ! Casitas can set you back 30-40k$ that is what they go for here!
If you can creat confort zone while you are full time at one place and take it with you and use to your advanatage to me is very inportant concept of living anywhere and be confortable.
Its not something we are fully set on doing it , but its good to know there are few custome shops they can do it for you..

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

If any of you been to Motorcoach Country Club when you buy lot ( improved or not ) you will eventually need lots of shade another idea was to get all four Girards since you can pull them out all the way to the casitas or patio roof edge, trust me makes huge diference and save you electric for say 10-15 year you will live there every winter.

So from confort point of view it makes sense , also protect rest of the coach paint etc..We like the place so much , since all the activitie are included ( I lost 12lbs in one month staying there! ) people are the super friendly there , its like small town, everyone knows everyone, every day you see same people walking their dogs, play some golf, tennis, jog, water arobic or lap swim, you dont have to live the place and be super busy! and i forgot mention! after 6PM many , many parties going on here and there! you get to meet many people from all over N America

Back to the Girards , yeah , from re selling point of view might not be smart move but if you want to live in confort zone in hotter weather it make sense , some people will buy 4 -$500 unbrellas to creat shade on their open patios and that might work well.

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

That is cool looking! I really don't like my Girard hung on the side...and the automatic wind retract mechanism doesn't work. Maybe I will leave it out in a storm and when it rips off the coach, replace it with new ones on the roof! Wink

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill,
Any chance that the retract sensor is just not adjusted properly??? Has it been tested to see if it works or does it just not bring in the awning when you think it should?? I can help you adjust it if that is all that is needed.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Yes, there is a great chance! I did not know it had adjustment. The little whirly-gig thing spins nicely, but I have been in pretty high winds and the awning did not retract.

ps. I love this site. You learn something new almost every day!

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama