You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Water Pressure and More

Finished my shakedown trip home, a short 2300 mile trip.  When I left my water pressure was fine.  I needed to add some water to my tank and finally figured out how to do it properly with the automatic fill.  After that it has not functioned properly.  I don’t have sufficient pressure to properly flush the toilet which is quite a nuisance as you can imagine.  Also it seems that my water is now coming directly from the AquaHot as it is hot no matter whether cold or hot faucet is used - painfully hot.  The pump also seems to run excessively and since it isn’t developing proper pressure I just turn it off until I need some.  I welcome any suggestions.

I did check the solenoid on the outflow side of the pump and it did not appear clogged.

All the water now in the tank is the horribly hard stuff from the southwest.  New filters in the system but didn’t have a softener in line.

Thanks,
Terry

Terry Copeland
2007 P2000i

here is a suggestion. that said your 07 is slightly different than my 02.

i had tonys 03 here at my place over christmas. when we were done doing the slide seal he said his headhunter ran all the time and had low water pressure. when i looked it it, i saw that the water from the headhunter was pumping directly into the top of the fresh water tank and not making much through into the coach.

the auto fill valve was right next to the output line of the headhunter. it was plugged. when i took the autofill valve apart, the little hole in the diaphram was plugged. i cleaned it out, put it back together, and walla, everything fixed.

since this happened after you autofilled, i would bet just about anything, that this is your problem.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

there are several posts about this problem if you search for autofill on the search of the forum

tom

if you have access, it takes about 10 minutes to do this. just have the pump turned off and open the faucet in the water bay to drain the water out that is in the lines. and have a towel as there will be a few cups of water that comes out of the valve body when you take it apart.

tom

That diaphragm is rather pliable so a little caution at that point. Also, a safety pin will open that hole up nicely or just rub it gently between your fingers.

Tony

Tony Van Helden
2003 Newell #646 2 slide
Tow 2017 Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
Citroen Charleston  2cv
Spencer, Iowa (summers)
Mesa, Az. (winters)