You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Grohe shower valve leaking with fix

Gurus,

A while ago I noticed water stains that seemed to be coming from the corner of my shower (where the valve is).  My thought that was 1) a roof leak that happened to show up in the shower....or 2) A leak from the valve.

This post is to document what the Grohe shower valve looks like and to help the next guy when he has a leak.

The only way to figure this out was to start taking the valve apart.  (I was hoping to be able to snake a camera in behind the valve to see what was happening).  

When I got the valve apart it was clear that water was coming from one of the shut off valves which I tried to remove....but I could not get the screw loose.  I decided to remove the entire corian plate from the front of the corner.  It is held on by silicone sealant.  I gently worked a razor blade around the plate and then used a small putty knife around the edge.   Eventually it came loose.   

This allowed me to remove the valve body.  You can see the screw that would not come out (second from left).   Once the valve was out the screw came out easily.  

If you look at the valve body you can see a screws on the left and right of the tempering valve (center).  Removing the screws exposes the two stop valves.

These stop valves have 5 separate “O”rings.  Rather than trying to source the exact rings, I opted to buy new valves.  I used Zoro.com.   Thank you to @"Rongripon" for this posting the part number (08 355 00M T01) on this Post.

While I had the valve out, I cleaned up with vinegar / water / scrubby pads.

I will update when it all goes back together.

Cheers,
Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Messages In This Thread
Grohe shower valve leaking with fix - by bikestuff - 03-16-2021, 12:23 PM
RE: Grohe shower valve leaking with fix - by 360 - 03-16-2021, 01:34 PM
RE: Grohe shower valve leaking with fix - by bikestuff - 03-16-2021, 02:05 PM
RE: Grohe shower valve leaking with fix - by encantotom - 03-16-2021, 02:21 PM
RE: Grohe shower valve leaking with fix - by House Divided - 03-16-2021, 03:11 PM
RE: Grohe shower valve leaking with fix - by 360 - 03-16-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: Grohe shower valve leaking with fix - by Keith Jordan - 03-16-2021, 04:02 PM
RE: Grohe shower valve leaking with fix - by Winegrower - 03-16-2021, 10:01 PM
RE: Grohe shower valve leaking with fix - by bikestuff - 03-23-2021, 08:13 AM