You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Batroom Leaking Fucet

[
We good size water leak coming from our bedroom sink fucet cold water handle.
What strange to me is that when you turn the left handle ( hot water ) on , than water start leaking from right handle ( cold water side )
I dont have original owners manula of thsi fucet and there is no name anywhere to be found?

Also, I wanted to take out the guts but so far only hadle and one white plastic part of the valve, looks like fancy cardridge system.

Is anyone here has same style fucet and ever developed leak.

Trying to figure out where I can get the part and if they are still stock them since is over 10 years old.

Thanks

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

hi les,

i did replace the cartridges in mine but the faucets themselves look different. hard to tell what your cartridge looks like from the pictures. my guess is the only way you will identify them unless you spend a ton of time online is to take the cartridge out and go to a plumbing supply store for them to match it.

mine were Delta and here are the part numbers. they used the same cartridges for many years so you will be able to find one once you identify it. the kitchen and shower were grohe on many of our coaches, but i dont think many of the bathroom sink ones were grohe.

DEL RP4993 D/DS-SEATS & SPRINGS -BLISTER PACK | 2469000
2ea 4.680 9.36
Delta RP25513;; stem assembly
carded parts; in Unfinish
2ea 21.450 42.90

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Les,
I have the exact same faucet in my rear bath. Unfortunately I do not have an owners manual either. If it was me I'd call Newell & email them a photo. Once you identify the manufacturer getting parts should be easy. Most companies change the exterior styles, but the guts stay the same. Many of the plumbing fixtures come with a lifetime warranty and the company will send you the parts free.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

my advice is the same. i would just take it out and go to a plumbing supply store. they can match it up easily

tom

Hi Les, The plumbing is connected under the sink so that either faucet can supply water to the spout. The inner seal on the right handle is leaking allowing the water to escape there rather than out the spout. They either have a cartridge or O rings to effect a seal. I would turn the water off to that fixture and remove the handle etc. The trim ring that is just under the faucet handle will probably come loose by gently prying on it or you may be able to unscrew it. You might need to wrap a rag around it and use channel-locks to get it loose. With it removed you should be able to see the "hex" area. Removal with a wrench should yield the "guts" of the valve. You can probably take the "guts" to a hardware store for replacement parts.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

the delta one i had i could only get the parts at a plumbing supply store. hardware stores didnt have it.

tom

I've never seen a Newell with a batroom.....does it come with a batmobile, and a batcave too?

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

(03-20-2013, 07:11 PM)whatsnewell Wrote:  I've never seen a Newell with a batroom.....does it come with a batmobile, and a batcave too?

Clarke,
We good size water leak coming from our bedroom sink fucet cold water handle.

Its in our Bedroom sink , in 2001 Badroom and sink & shower aera is open in same space! Yours might be other floor plan.

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

Thanks you all for great tips, Itried using rubber grip cloth to loosen the under handle cover but it would not go! will try it to pry it with flat tool and see if comes looss , need to get the cardridge out to take to the plumber store!

its looks very same as Tom's Delta part discription, even for 14$ is worth it shot!
Strange thing is that when you open hot water than oposite handle ( cold water ) water is leaking !

thank you guys again and Tom for parts numbers.

Les

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

hi les,

a lot of the time those pieces screw on. so gently try turning it.

lots of cartridges look the same but have different sizes. that is why if you can get it out it will help. i also bought the spring and washer set that go beneath the cartridge.

tom