You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

trying to find out why my coach sags on the drivers side

i put all three new height control valves on last year. just to be sure. they are barksdale ones.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

ok, a question i wanted to confirm with you. when the ignition key is on and the hwh control panel is in travel mode, only the ride height valves control the airbags.

however, when the key is OFF, does it automatically switch to LEVEL mode, no matter what setting the hwh control panel is in? so when the key is off, the coach is always in LEVEL mode?

thanks

tom

Wouldn't you get a light if in the level mode?
do you have the HWH troubleshooting info?

Gordon
1991 41.5' #266
8V92 DDEC II

My "78 used to list to one side after setting a few days.( It did not have air leveling) My mechanic at the time said that was because one side was heavier than the other. My understanding was that the air in the 'bags would leak from the heavy side to the lighter side causing the list. The HWH on my '93 does not go into leveling mode unless I press the "level" button. It appears to me that with the ignition switch in the "off" position no solenoids are energized so the RHC valves are out of the loop. I would say that somewhere in the system air is leaking from one side to the other.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

The left & right sides are isolatedon the chassis. The six pack is the only common location for both sides air lines. The line pressure hose to the six packs is the only common connection & seperated by the raise solonoids.

OR

???????????????????????

Gordon
1991 41.5' #266
8V92 DDEC II

Tom,

You may be over thinking it. No matter the status of the leveling, ALL solenoid a are closed when the the ignition is off. They could activate if the panel is in auto level mode. But generally they are closed. When the ignition is on, and in travel mode the travel solenoid a open.

The purpose of the fixture Tom made is to isolate he solenoid valve. The ball valve takes the place of the solenoid valve. If the ball valve is closed and the side leaks down, the problem is not the solenoid valve.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard,
As usual you a correct; I forgot about the ball valve you had Tom install.
Where is he, he should be home by now to report on the pressure drop!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gordon
1991 41.5' #266
8V92 DDEC II

hi guys,

well, last nite i put the setup on the passenger side rear (which has not been dropping) as a control. it stayed rock solid and didnt drop any pressure.

this morning at 10am i put the setup on the rear drivers side that has been dropping a bunch. tonite when we got back from our friday dinner date (nice way to say going out to pig out on all you can eat fish fry with some friends) i checked it at 7pm. so, 9 hours and the pressure has stayed exactly the same and the coach has only dropped about 1/4" on the front driver side only. the rear where the setup is attached has not dropped at all.

by the way, the schematic steve bare drew up is upside down. meaning the right side on his diagram is looking at the coach from the front so it is the drivers side. or at least upside down to me as i always look at it like i am in the drivers seat facing foward. ya just have to know what your point of reference is. steve did an amazing job in sketching it all out.

so i will leave it all nite and check it in the morning. so about 24 hours. i suspect the solenoid i put in last summer while at steve bares has been leaking through.

once i get the rear hanging solid, i will try the same thing on the front.

and yes, richard, i overthink EVERYTHING. i am an ENGINEER! ha. but richard already know i overthink.

i think i was more excited about building the ball valve and pressure gauge setup than i was trying to fix it.

thanks

tom

I just wish I was overthinking my TV install

Gordon
1991 41.5' #266
8V92 DDEC II

gordon, i heard you had a less than pleasant adventure with the tv install. did you get it taken care of?

i didnt say i didnt goof up alot...i do. just is i overthink it doing so...

tom