You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

trying to find out why my coach sags on the drivers side

Tom, please post a photo your test rig. We are not as talented at rigging as you.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

here it is.

it is very simple. you hook it between points and isolate each side with the ball valve by turning it off. i leave it on till i have it hook up and aired up. then turn the valve off and you have a gauge on each side of the valve to see what side is leaking down if any. i have 3/8" tubing on my coach, but steve bare said he had 1/4" so you have to size the fittings appropriately.

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I'm proud of you grasshopper, looks like an engineer made this one!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Thanks bunches Tom.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

If you make a jig pay attention to the tubing diameter as Tom said but also pay attention to whether you have compression or push on fittings at your six pack

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

yea, what he said. mine are all compression.

well, i got the new test setup on the front six pack. it is not easy to get at and if you know me, i am the size of sasquatch, so not easy for me to get under there.

i had to take the bolts holding the six pack on the firewall out so i could get the six pack down far enough to get at the hose connectors. one of the bolts was behind the hydraulic tank for the slides so i had to partially remove that.

then i could get at it all. with the valve open i aired up the coach and raised it quite high. i didnt bother to level it as i measure all 4 corners. then i closed the valve and took pressure reading on both sides of the valve. i put the line on the drivers side that goes to the airbag.

i also sprayed soapy water all over the test rig and the six pack. didnt see anything.

so now i will let it set over night and see what happens.

here are the pictures

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-28-2013, 08:27 AM)Chester Stone Wrote:  Tom, please post a photo your test rig. We are not as talented at rigging as you.

chester and all, it was richard that came up with the idea. i can build stuff, he gave me the idea to do it.

tom

Tom,
You had indicated you raised the coach up to get access to the 6 pack. I know you have new leveling valves( HCV), but for others that are following this, I have found leveling valves that leaked at ride height, but when raised up, to a position that was never used, it did not leak. Thats why we have tails!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gordon
1991 41.5' #266
8V92 DDEC II