You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tire monitor systems?

I left my 4 year old Tire Safeguard system on my '93 when I traded it in.
Figured I would start over with a new system.
So what are you guys using?
I will use VMSPC so have the option of getting Pressure Pro and running it through VMSPC. But it looks like it will be $800 to do this.
The Tire Safeguard had flow-through sensors which I liked. I also had problems with the valve extensions leaking when I first installed the sensors on the rear inners so I pulled off the extensions which made the flow-through nice.
Tire Safeguard did have a few problems, dead monitor battery, a couple sensors went bad. If it was in warranty they replaced these no question and quick shipping.
What other brands?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

i dont think it is worth it to tie it into the vmspc. just my opinion.

i use pressure pro.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

The buyer was over today to pick up the M380 that I sold to him. He brought along a new TPMS made by TST. I really like the new inovative
design. The sensors are designed so that you can check tire pressure or add air without removing the sensor from the valve stem. The sensors also have a replaceable battery and appear to be well built. I had the older model TPMS from TST installed on my former Wanderlodge LXi but had some problems with the sensors going bad prematurly. These look like they would be a great improvement over the earlier type.

Chuck & Tela Millsap

Bullhead City, AZ

2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S

2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S Sold

2000 Wanderlodge LXi N/S Sold

'06 Jeep Liberty Toad

that sounds alot easier than the pressure pro. thanks for the info

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(03-22-2013, 06:41 PM)cmillsap Wrote:  The buyer was over today to pick up the M380 that I sold to him. He brought along a new TPMS made by TST. I really like the new inovative
design. The sensors are designed so that you can check tire pressure or add air without removing the sensor from the valve stem. The sensors also have a replaceable battery and appear to be well built. I had the older model TPMS from TST installed on my former Wanderlodge LXi but had some problems with the sensors going bad prematurly. These look like they would be a great improvement over the earlier type.

Here's what the new sensors look like::

http://www.tsttruck.com/Product_List.html

Chuck & Tela Millsap

Bullhead City, AZ

2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S

'06 Jeep Liberty Toad

Chuck, unless there were two M380's being picked up today, Don and I have been friends for many years.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(03-22-2013, 09:40 PM)Fulltiming Wrote:  Chuck, unless there were two M380's being picked up today, Don and I have been friends for many years.

Yeah, Michael, Don's been telling me stories about youBig Grin

Chuck & Tela Millsap

Bullhead City, AZ

2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S

'06 Jeep Liberty Toad

Oops!!

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

It's been TST for me. Great system with zero problems and already saved me from major damage to the toad's brakes. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

So I bought the pressure pro last year and will install it soon. Curious about the last comment of saving the brakes on the toad. I thought these simply measured pressure of the coaches tires. What doe this system do that is saved the toads brakes?

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota