You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

newell salvage

I have a question to who ever know ,I just perchassed a newell that has a very light fire on the stove ,everything under window is intact and unit runs and drive as if nothing happened .some the ceillings have been removed to expose the insulation that is intact .I was told since this unit was written off by insurance and tag as non repairable .Newell will not want to help me with anything i need . the reason insurance wrote it off is over a 6 year fight with the owner ,in the end they paid him but tagged it non repairable ,it is obviously not a wright off . where i am ,i will be allowed to use ministery of transport to have engenner inspect the frame ,and drive system and pretty much everythng and give me a new tag as a artisanal build . it will no longe have a value of a newell ,but this is a unit i re build for my self and will be my last one .i am a RV body shop ,i have the knowledge and facility to bring this unit like it was when first built but for this ,i will need to be able to buy parts from Newell as i wish to go back the way they done it . Will they refuse to sell me anything ? I only heard positive feed back from this manufacture ,but been told in my case they will not want anything to do with project of mine .  fibromobile.com   is my shop in Ontario Canada   thank you for your help

I have heard that Newell will not perform work in their shop on a coach with a "rebuilt" title. I do not believe they will have a problem with selling you parts.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

It is my understanding that Newell will sell you off the shelve parts. They will not provide custom order parts that are one offs for Newell.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

There should be other manufacturers that would help you if Newell won’t but I can’t imagine them not helping - they are great people to work with.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

I see from your webpage that you repair diesel pushers. You should have no problems doing a Newell.
Best wishes

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

You are going to find to your pleasant surprise, that there is very little on the Newell that is proprietary. That is up until the electronic control systems came into play for the coach systems.

That is why many of old grizzled engineers ended up with these rigs. There isn’t much that a Lowes, McMaster Carr catalog, or diesel truck supply store can’t supply.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

thank you everyone for all the reply ,looks like not only the factory is A1 but there customers also are . i don't think having work done a Newell is something i will need ,just access to parts ,for example all the push buttons light switchs and basic parts that will keep the design the way in was ment to be .thank you

marc, what year is your newell?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Photo 

it is a 2004 with only 60,000 miles on the engine 
i gamble on it over the rear power train that worth that much and is perfect .i had no idea the rear tag was streering .i looked at the tires and noticed the rear wheel being off set to the forward ones ,i was thinking ,this is not right ,looking under i  seen steering component fixing my fear ha ha ha .it will be a challenge to get it back on the road just over the title saying non repairable .this is over the fact the insurance wanted it fixed but customer wanted a new one .6 year in court .the insuance was right on this one ,it was not a wright off .i have all the parts ,none of the wood is burned just ripped apolstree and lightly burned ceeling ,the one thing is some of the wirring is melted and need to be seperated and re done ,many light swiches have melted and are diffomed ,i will need them new 
i got it for 50k plus 15 k in shipping ,i could part it and recoupe the money if needed

I also have a 2004 712 with stearable tag and an in Toronto I am willing to give you an information I can the switches should come from Spyder controls in Alberta there web site will tell you how it was originally wired they are very helpful

John Kosir
712 2004  45-8