You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Taking #1261 Home

Yesterday with finished paperwork and final inspections. It ended up as a full day. I learned a lot. The front TV could not get over the air after it worked the day before, and the rear had no sound. Rear took 15 minutes to figure that the Harmony remote had the sound bar on MUTE!. The front took over an hour of troubleshooting - just as they ran and ready to replace the antenna cable, they dropped the connection center over the front door and the TV came on. They found that the antenna connection had vibrated loose and just fell off.
Megan spotted the passenger side Hella low beam beam cover had a hole in it - we ordered a new one for next week. Just when we were ready for me to take my first drive a mini monsoon came through with 40 mph winds and we nearly lost the awnings. After the rain-out, we started bringing in the slides the Valid went crazy with all kinds of errors. They called the Valid guru in Canada who said - It has to be water in the ECUs. Into the electronics bay, and sure enough, the front curb slide had leaked into the the ECUs via the molex connectors above the ECUs. To be sure they replaced both. We silicon-ed up the molex connectors. I put paper towels above and in the wiring to suffice while I figure out a diverter cover.
First trip included my first fueling and I parked about 8 inches too close - the folding bay door could be open. Some jockeying and we had 30 gallons and were on our way back. Megan was in the king bed and reporting that the ride was good.
Connected the F150 and we were on our way home. The drive was a dream - my last coach was a 95 U320, and the Newell is just amazing. The 12 speed is great and my low speed worries were no problem. The driver had been leaving the jake in high, and the trans did NOT like that in low speeds. I switched it to low or off for low speeds and it really smoothed things out.
I go back next week for some final parts. The guys at the Motorcoach Store in Bradenton are top notch. If you need repairs they are amazing and know their stuff. Most of them are from the Parliament Coach store up on St. Pete so they have years of coach building and repairs...
I have tons to learn...

Dave Head & Megan Westbrook
2009 Newell 46' Custom #1261
former Foretravel guru, 93 U280, 95 U320C
Titusville FL  (The Great Outdoors)

Glad you completed the transaction and are now officially a Newell owner. I know you will enjoy your new coach and the learning experience it will offer!!

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Dave,

There is a thread where the on off switch for the jake can be replaced with a on off on switch and a relay to allow the jake to activate off the throttle (as it does now) or activate off the brake. That way you can have the jake for stopping and it doesn’t fight with the cruise control or low speed travel. If you are interested and can’t find the thread, speak up and I will help.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

sounds good to me...

Dave Head & Megan Westbrook
2009 Newell 46' Custom #1261
former Foretravel guru, 93 U280, 95 U320C
Titusville FL  (The Great Outdoors)