You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

manualy opening the slide out

does anyone know how to do it ? my unit is a 2004 45ft ,i know the slide open and close ,but there was a ceeling fire and some of the wiring above the stove are melted . i prefer not powering anything in the house until all electricity is properly re done . the bus part run and drive to perfection air is functional . someone here that has given me great advice mention i need 110 power and air ,but hooking the 110 is not something i want to do now ,i am sure there is a way to un lock and do this manually ?

The air is to create a vacuum in the seals so the don't  roll if your seals are not touching your slides you will not need air the motors that drive the slides are 110v

John Kosir
712 2004  45-8

thank you john ,i decided to hook the 110 and check out for smokes and all looked good tv turned on in the bed room and all looked ok .no breaker coming off so i have the feeling the 110 power  is good .i know the slide open and close cause the seller showed me pic open and closed ,but  where i found the control for them in the rear bed room where you told me to look .i see a plug hooked on the side with multiple prongs  on a new control ,but under the plug there is a smaller hook up with only 2 prongs ,i think maybe it is power ??
i will show you a pic ,nothing come on with 110 .there is not a on off on the controle either .this is hard to figure out ,been working on RV for a long time but never came accross that high tech aha ha ha .i will go take pics

i figured it out ,took the motor out and used a flat screw driver bit in gear case on a drill and spin it to open .both sides open well ,now i need to figure the 2 at the back it is not quite as easy but i will figure it out