You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Stair cover halfway works

Hi all, 
My stair cover will not extend when activated, but it does release so I can manually pull it out. 
No problem retracting the step cover. Hit the switch and it closes right up.
Had anyone experienced this? Any suggestions on what I can do to fix it?

Thanks

Tony and Cindy Frazier
1992, #300   Wink
2023 Ford Broncos Bad lands Toad
Columbia, SC

Mine sticks extends OK.. a little bit of drag and sticking, but gets jammed retracting. Looks like the carpet cover is dragging on the surface...I haven't gotten too deep into the fix yet... it's on the list!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Replace the spool in the actuation valve. You will also stop an air leak when you do

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Hmmm Part number and where is the actuator for the stair cover? In the bay?

Thanks!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Dont know for sure. Likely the same actuator used for the dump valves

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Hi Richard, hope your trip is still going well. Must be getting close to coming back home for the winter.
Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I did some further thread searching on replacing the spool so I think I know what needs to be done. I just have to find the dadgum thing. I looked in both bays directly beside the entry. One has nothing. The other has the actuator that operates the Norcold Fridge/Freezer. Also looked in the storage area under the steps. Anywhere other ideas on where to look. The switch that operate the step cover is in the panel above the stove.

Thanks,

Tony

Tony and Cindy Frazier
1992, #300   Wink
Columbia, SC

Tony, on my 1992, the solenoids for the step cover are located in the full width bay rather than in the bay just behind the steps. Mine are high on the front wall of the pass through bay, accessed from the drivers side of the coach.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Can you have someone work the switch while you listen in the different areas. Also look for hidden panels by the door, and possibly under the sink. I know there is a hidden panel and a cavity there

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Thanks Michael and Richard,

I'll will be at the coach on Wednesday and do some more searching.

Thanks,

Tony

Tony and Cindy Frazier
1992, #300   Wink
Columbia, SC