You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Reeves coach works, waynesboro Ga

Anyone have experience with Reeves Coach repair in Waynesboro Ga.? I am purchasing unit #647 and Reeves has had it for repairs and service for exactly 3 weeks, He states that Newell has all the parts and he is waiting to receive them. When parts are in stock it doesn't take three weeks to receive them. I'm beginning to smell a rat.

My experience is that Newell sends out parts the same day that I order them (if in stock). They will also provide tracking information if requested. Never have experienced a delay on a part that Newell had in stock.

For what its worth.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Thats been my experience with most companies. If the part is in stock they ship it right out. Reeves says he ordered the part, new slide seal, 2 weeks ago and Newell had it in stock. I'll call Newell in the morning and see what I can find out.

I have my coach at SpecTrac in Gilbert AZ waiting on tie rod and drag link parts. Guy says Newell hasn't returned his calls. Mine too, has been out of my hands for 3 weeks. About ready to bring it home and start wrenching myself.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Yes, it's very frustrating. And the guy that has mine is supposedly Newell certified.

from what i have witnessed, being on newells list of service places doesnt mean a whole lot in some cases.

for drive train and chassis issues, find a competent bus service center. or a heavy duty truck repair facility.

for coach systems, there are few places that understand our coaches. you are your own best service person. unless you want to go back to newell everytime. there are a few exceptions....roof airs, aquahot are a few. most other things traditional rv service centers will have to learn on your dime.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Simon, we were referred to All Aboard America in Mesa. They treated us well, and are super bus guys.I doubt they are the folks to have work on Newell exclusive items, but they certainly know bus mechanicals. Leo has done work on many Newells, incuding Tom's and Clarkes. A bonus for us is that they have a history of maintaining Detroit 92 series 2 cycle engines in their own fleet back in the day .When we were there 2 years ago, another Newell was there for service at the same time. I am always sceptical when a mechanic tells us they can't get any service out of Newell. It goes contrary to what the Gurus have experienced, even on nights and holidays.  Good luck

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

I agree on Newell, Guy. They have been responsive in my calls and return communications. I will call SpecTrac tomorrow and if they haven't done anything, pay them their inspection fee and pull the bus out. Frustrating as there is a ton of work I want to accomplish. I made an appointment with them a month in advance too. I will look up AA. Thanks for the heads-up. I will also need a bunch of fuel lines made as the originals are hardened. I can do it myself but wouldn't mind farming that part of the job out. Too much on my plate.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

I second All Aboard America and Leo! He flat knows his stuff when it comes to mechanicals on our coaches. I have found many places will let your bus sit and work on other customers who are closer or check on their coaches a lot. The BEST by far is to LIVE in the coach while they are working on it and check daily with them but sometimes that is not possible. Definitely never tell them you’re not in a hurry for the work - it will be sitting in their lot forever. Definitely your best mechanic is yourself. I have been looking for a good person to help with drivetrain issues (not too hard) near North Alabama where we live.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Adrian and Karen, We had emergency repairs done at Tri State Truck and Rv Services in Chattanooga. Probably within a couple of hours from you. We were in a perfect position for a customer to be taken advantge of, but they delivered on every promise made. Had a bay open when we arrived for our scheduled repair. Got us in and out in the time frame promised, and the price was a little less than what was quoted. They even called a few days later to be sure all was well. They are a 2nd generation mom and pop shop, You are dealing with the owner Jim Terry, his wife Laura and a handfull of mechanics. While we were there they were putting a new differental in a Prevost, (always wondered what the back story was on that Smile and pverhauling the engine in a Tennessee DOT dump truck. Don't be put off by the location or size of the shop, sometimes great is not pretty.

Jim and Laura Terry
Tri State Truck and RV Services
3500 N Hawthorne Street
Chattanooga Tn 37406
423 800-8405

tstrv.com

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59