You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bode Air entrance door wont open

Okay , so I posted here before for my newell friend who's Bode door would slam hard on the close action & now we did ran in to problem with our own Bode air door.

What happen was few weeks ago door would act not normal , we would try to open and no respond, than few ries with the kaypod and door would work again!

Now yesterday, we tried to open and wont open, you hear mechanical click , but there is no air ativation ? so we are using mechanical valve to open the door.

I did check the 20 amp fuse and its good, not sure whatele we can check , its Sunday so will be hard to get hold off.

We are checking Bode webside and it sounds like we might have some electric problem etc.

Was wonder if anyone had such problem with Bode door . We had no problem whatsever with it for nearly 2 years now! fulltiming we use more and avrage person on the weekends.

Les

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

I presume you have air pressure? If the 12 volt pump quits working you will run out of air and the door won't open (or if open won't close).

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

We do have air since I can realase the manula lever and ope the door manually.

I took the trim out checked the contact for voltage, cleaned all contacts. There is couple of valve look like and is passible one of them is bad.

I also took out the panel where you open the door and where the door lock is located , deep in the back there are two selenoids and I did check them out if they open and close and they do but randomly? so its passible that one of them is bad!

Also in my front bay is the entry door swich realy and I did check that one and its click so looks like that one is good.
Both of the entru switch buttoms mechanicly sound click but no father action from the air ?

We called local RV Service guy who cover thsi resort and hope to get it fix.
Schedulle to hit the road toady and door stoped working on Sunday , always in bad timing!!!

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

Okay we got thsi problem taking care off! so gald since we are on the road to Red Bluff, CA some 700 miles

We found the problem in the main carrier of the Bode Door's opener.
Over the time & Numerous operations "Guide Pin" for the Floating Swith Carrier can get sticky & needs to be cleaned with non-conductive cleaner spray, I used dry lube by Blaster

Now our door works like new!

Brian Van De Walker from Coach Solution lives in Eugine OR and travels to Indio, CA and works out of Motor Coach Country Club , he is one of the best mechanics up there ( Ex Country Coach mechanic )
my total service was $50 and it took good hr to figure out what was wrong with the door.

If you ever need help with your coach in CA or OR his phone : 541 514-9000

Les

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

Excellent!!

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com