You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Salon too far in at top for pins to engage fix

On our summer journey, the coach developed an issue where the top of the salon slide came in a bit too far and one of the pins would catch on the edge of the slide hole instead of going into the hole. 

In it’s normal to us operation, the top always came in a bit, but when the pins went into the holes it wold push the top back out. Except now it doesn’t on one of the pins. 

I have torn the basement apart, looking and figuring why this would happen. I have run my endoscope cameras all over the innards of the slide mechanism without any logical conclusions. 

Today @"RussWhite" came over to help in this search for a solution. After watching the slide operation, and seeing that adjustable hard stops keep the room from coming into too far, Russ made an observation/suggestion. If the stops control the room end point, then what does the limit switch do? Well if tells the pins to come down. So move the limit switch to engage a bit earlier, so the pins come down while the room is not quite in, so that they catch the holes, and the bottom continues until the hard stops come into play. 

On the surface it sounds sketchy, after all, it sounds like an exercise in ventilating your roof. But we only needed to activate the pins 1/4 to 1/2 earlier, and the switch would only move 1/4 inch. 

I am happy to report that it worked like a charm. 

I can’t say this will work for all the slides with this problem. The switch is located under the center of the slide out in the basement ceiling. You can not see unless the slide is fully extended. Don’t get turned around under there. There are two switches. The one of concern is the one closest to the outside, and you want to move it further to the outside to engage the pins earlier. 

And certainly those pins that are activated by magnets will require moving the magnets. 

This is admittedly a band aid. I can not figure out how the slide room is tilting inward when it is fully inward to cause the problem. I know of other coaches with the exact same issue with HWH slide outs. If someone knows the true cause, please pipe up.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )