You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bode air door fixed now kaypad problem?

Okay, so we got the bode door fixed and now we can lock our coach!

We had used original code to lock our coach .Original owner was in bad health before selling his coach and we never got walk trough etc.
He past away after ick for whole year ( owned 3 other Newells )

So, our case is Cheryl can lock with lock buttom from the inside and coach is locked.

If i use keypad and et the code , coach won't lock ? each time you push the code sound and light is there and final sound comes up, but door will open when you hit the silver buttom.

Can we try to re code the pad or there are other thing might need to be don?

Its seems like the door's keypad got confused after we worked on the air door part.

Les

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

hi les,

the airdoor is totally separate from the lock. that said, there is a sequence to reprogram the door code. i did that on mine. do you have the instructions on how to do it?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(04-04-2013, 10:57 AM)encantotom Wrote:  hi les,

the airdoor is totally separate from the lock. that said, there is a sequence to reprogram the door code. i did that on mine. do you have the instructions on how to do it?

tom

Yes, we do.

Our door got stocked today again ? so we are back in to first problem!
Door wont open? switch is clicking but no door action?

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

Les, as to the key pad, I have found on mine that I have to press the buttons solidly before the work. Sorry about the sticking problem. Does it open when you release the air valve in the bay below the keypad?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

(04-04-2013, 09:42 AM)les korcala Wrote:  Okay, so we got the bode door fixed and now we can lock our coach!

We had used original code to lock our coach .Original owner was in bad health before selling his coach and we never got walk trough etc.

So, our case is Cheryl can lock with lock buttom from the inside and coach is locked.

If i use keypad and et the code , coach won't lock ? each time you push the code sound and light is there and final sound comes up, but door will open when you hit the silver buttom.

Its seems like the door's keypad got confused after we worked on the air door part.

Les

Les,

Did I understand correctly, the previous owner of your coach owned 3 other Newells in addition to the one he sold you!

I remember talking to Dave Prince w/Newell about a very good customer who owned 4 Newells. He loved to hunt and he didn't like to fly, so he would park each of his 4 Newells around in different areas of the country and he would use them as hunting camps!

Needless to say, the boy had MONEY!Big Grin

I was just wondering if this previous owner of your coach might be the same man discussed above.

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

(04-04-2013, 07:52 PM)tuga Wrote:  
(04-04-2013, 09:42 AM)les korcala Wrote:  Okay, so we got the bode door fixed and now we can lock our coach!

Les

Les,

Did I understand correctly, the previous owner of your coach owned 3 other Newells in addition to the one he sold you!

I remember talking to Dave Prince w/Newell about a very good customer who owned 4 Newells. He loved to hunt and he didn't like to fly, so he would park each of his 4 Newells around in different areas of the country and he would use them as hunting camps!

Needless to say, the boy had MONEY!Big Grin

I was just wondering if this previous owner of your coach might be the same man discussed above.

Sorry , I did not clear myself well! Rober W. owned 4 Newells troughout his life! He passed away last December.

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb