You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Macerator Pump

As many of you know we have a factory installed Jabsco 12v macerator pump plumbed into the gray tank only (I have one large tank that has an internal wall separating the black tank from the gray tank). A couple of weeks ago, while pumping out the gray tank into the nearby forest the pump froze up, and gave up the ghost. While searching on Ebay for a replacement which costs $124+ new I found an alternative one called "Chugger" for $65 plus $20 shipping. It is rated at 9.43 gallons per minute....certainly fast enough for my tastes. Anyway, I ordered one and installed it today. Can't speak for its potential longevity, but I only have occasion to use this pump a few times a month, so we'll see how it holds up. Here is a link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130661819087?ssP...325wt_1118

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Does a 1998 Newell have a macerator built in? I bought one but maybe I don't need it. I'm trying to plumb the new macerator into the existing Dupree valve outlet (have to make a trip to hardware store to get fittings)...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Adrian:
It should be in the Aqua Hot bay on the passenger side of the coach.
My is mounted behind the 12v compressor in the same bay.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

some do and some dont. easy to tell by looking in the aquahot bay like steve said.

my 90 had one, my 2002 does not so i have a portable one i hook up to a 5 foot sewer hose and then a real hose to drain when needed.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thanks I will check it out in the AH bay. I need to get the fittings for my portable version... I like the idea of being able to quickly hookup something outside and use basically a water hose for it... I did learn the hard way not to leave the Dupree valve adapter at home when we go on a trip... Full tank and no way to drain. We ended up putting a regular end on a sewer hose and slipping it into the Dupree Valve opening - it fit fine and did not leak!

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

when i am somewhere that i can drain just gray water (like onto a grassy field etc), i use that same 5' piece of sewer hose with a cap at the end that has a garden hose connector on it and leave the poo valve shut, open just the front air powered tank valve and let the gray water trickle out. it extends the time to dumping if one is not nearby. the shower puts out too much water for gravity feed through a garden hose so some of that still dumps into the tank.

i color code the garden hoses i carry...ha white and blue for potable water and grey or brown for macerator. good thing i am not color blind.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I looked in the Aqua-Hot bay and there is a 12-volt air pump (not sure if it works or not). There is another Dupree Valve in that bay for passenger-side grey/black water discharging. I may add the macerator on the passenger side in the AH bay as others have.
How do you engage (turn on) your Macerator? How loud is it when running? Maybe I have one and just don't know where it is located. I'll check the manuals and see if it is mentioned.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 

There is an 'On/Off' switch in our water bay that turns it on.......it's not too loud......inside it's just kind of background noise.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com