You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bay locks on 2002

Hi, I am working on the bay compartments and would like to know the manufacturer of the pull-type latches.  i have one missing the lock therefore the locking actuator is non-functional.  Also need a couple of toggles.

Thanks,

Brandi and Chris
Coach #636
Hot Springs Village, AR

That is your garden variety ford door lock actuator. https://www.amazon.com/Passenger-Actuato...108&sr=8-9

Oops, I think I misunderstood what you are asking for. Anyway, maybe you will need some of the actuators.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

do you mean the metal door latches that are on the outside of the bay door? and what do you mean by toggles?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Sorry, not a very good explanation.  Yes, the metal latch on the outside of the bay door.  The lock is missing on one door therefore I don't have the toggle on the back of the lock to connect to the actuator arm.  

Also, the 12v lights in the bays, any recommendations on where to find a replacement would be appreciated.  I have a couple where the switch has been broken off.  They use miniature halogen bulbs and have a plastic grill over the lens.

It's a steep learning process on these coaches.
Thanks.

Brandi and Chris
Coach #636
Hot Springs Village, AR

I used these.  Very bright and led

Tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I have a variety of paddle latches in inventory with locks.  If you could post a picture, I will look to see if there is a match.  Or, perhaps I could fabricate the part you need.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Thank you Tom, I will look into the lights you suggested.  Brighter would better than the original lights.
Gordon, I send a picture of latch and the lock as well as the toggle i need in a couple of days.
Thanks

Brandi and Chris
Coach #636
Hot Springs Village, AR

Chris, I haven’t received a picture from you but I did take a picture of a couple of many different styles that are left over from production. 

The lock sets may work but the operators of the back side may not match.  Take a picture of one of the other doors with the operator of the back side and I might be able to fab one for you.  These locks will have a different key than yours.

Many have removable operators. They are either firmly fixed or attached with a machine screw.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Gordon,

Below are pictures of the latch, front and back.  What i call the toggle is the piece where the actuator arm attaches.

Thanks,
Chris

Brandi and Chris
Coach #636
Hot Springs Village, AR

Chris, either one of the locks would work however, one with a machine screw to hold the actuator since one would have to be duplicated.  I believe there are some locks in my stash with machine screws and I could make the operator if you would like.  Email me.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567