You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tag Axel wheel bolts

I need help finding wheel bolts for 1997 Newell tag axel, coach #442. Looking for part numbers or where to acquire them. Anyone had to find these before?

Jim, are they budd nuts or standard 33mm wheel nuts? Does it look like they have a washer between the nut and the rim?

Easiest thing to do is knock one out and take it to a truck supply house. There is a lot of variation in that time frame of suspension setups that Newell used because it was the transition from drum to disc.

Even if someone gave me a part number, I would not put 100% trust in it. It may be what they have, but not what you have.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks for reply. The coach has disc brakes on the tag axel. Bolts go thru hub and have a nut on backside the lugnuts are tapered where the meet the wheel. Mobil mechanic could not remove lug bolts/ studs without removing hub. Not wanting to leave coach in truck parking lot put wheel back on using 5 out of 10 lugs moved coach back to rv park to wait til monday. Iwas curious to see if anyone has had a problem with this. thanks JIM

I took a nut to my local NAPA store & they had them in stock . . .

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

Thanks for response. We ordered the studs thru Six Robbles in Caldwell Idaho. Hopefully they will be in town tuesday then we will have them installed and be on our way. Time will tell. These bolts are not common on newer vehicles but are still available thru manufacturer warehouses. Thanks again for your response. Jim Sotak 1997 Newell #442