You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Switch Identification question

Hello Gurus, 

Can someone help me identify the function of this switch that is located in the 120v compressor compartment (Coach 1202)?

Thank you for any insights,
Paul

Paul and Angi
Addie and Scout (our GSP pups)
2007 Coach #1202
2020 Gladiator toad

I suspect it allows you to read the codes on the anti-lock brake controller.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Agree with Gordon we have one just like it.  Used it to trouble shoot an ABS warning light.  Code indicated a tag sensor fault.  Found a cut wire on the driver tag axle sensor.  Also used it to reset the computer before the test drive.  If no other faults and once above 4mph ABS warning light goes out.  A big help is to download your particular ABS system service manual.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Thank you Gordon and Steve!

I am searching the Bendix sites for the manual for my controller “5012582” but so far I only find a PDF for the cross-reference chart to the replacement part # “801754” since my specific controller is discontinued. Do you know if there is there a place that Bendix stores manuals for their discontinued model #’s? I will keep searching for it… I do have an ABS and Brake Pad light on when the coach is idling so it would be helpful to know how to use the troubleshooting code reader function.

Thanks again!

Paul and Angi
2007 Coach #1202
2020 Gladiator toad

The vmspc also reads the abs codes

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks Richard.

Is this the plug the VMS plugs into on my coach? I am in the learning mode here and looking at both the VMS and BlueFire monitors. Would value your opinion and insight you might share. 

Thank you,
Paul

Paul and Angi
2007 Coach #1202
2020 Gladiator toad

That appears to be a 9-pin J1939 connector that works with both BlueFire and VMSpec without additional adapters for DDEC.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Thank you Jon. 

I went ahead and ordered the BlueFire adapter that works with Apple, Android and PC this evening. Based on the insights from the forum and several helpful threads posted over the last few years. You all have made it educational and fun getting to know the systems on the coach. 

Have a great evening!
Paul

Paul and Angi
2007 Coach #1202
2020 Gladiator toad

(05-03-2022, 06:10 AM)2BirdDogs Wrote:  Thank you Gordon and Steve!

I am searching the Bendix sites for the manual for my controller “5012582” but so far I only find a PDF for the cross-reference chart to the replacement part # “801754” since my specific controller is discontinued. Do you know if there is there a place that Bendix stores manuals for their discontinued model #’s? I will keep searching for it… I do have an ABS and Brake Pad light on when the coach is idling so it would be helpful to know how to use the troubleshooting code reader function.

Thanks again!
I suppose the attached is the manual for Bendix ECU controller “5012582". 
My Coach 701 has the exact controller as yours, although, on my controller, it is labeled "EATON ABS, Designed and Manufactured by Knorr-Bremse". 
EATON was acquired by Bendix in 2002.

.pdf Benix Service Data, Gen4-5 ABS - zsd-13-4746.pdf Size: 948.55 KB  Downloads: 3

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control