You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

my slide won't come in

hi i have 2006 newell #760 45 foot and in florida, i just went to put my driver slide in and it hit the chair and stopped i put the driver chair forward and tried again and it won't budge..either in or out...can you help me

Ok we have it resolved thanks to Mike for getting to us quickly on the Newell Hotline. We had blown a fuse and were able to take one from one of the other slides and pull it in. We will pick up the new fuse tomorrow. I love having a Newell, you can't find that type of service anywhere else in the industry.

Kathleen,

Thank you for updating your post with what happened. Leaving a trail of breadcrumbs for the folks that follow is a big help.

I agree on the Newell support! Along with this forum its good to know that someone is there to help (if only to offer moral support).

On my coach the controller had a spot to put a spare fuse on each plug in card. When you get your spare fuses you might see if your controller has a similar spot. That way if you ever blow another fuse….it will be right there.

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Hi Folks,

Not related to this issue but very close, last evening 20.45hrs I went to deploy my rear slides coach #1218 (valid) and nothing!! Valid display showed seals deflating and vacuuming but they would not move, tried all the usual fuses turning on and off then found an air leak on the left rear seal.
Long story short emailed tech support at Valid at 04.00hrs UK time,  time in Canada at Valid must have been 22.00hrs Sunday evening, 2 hours later Chris rang me from Valid to talk me through the forced extending and retraction (with seals deflated) obviously. What an amazing service!!!

#1218 in Europe based in the UK

2005 #744 Three Valid Slides, Mid Entry

I experienced the same malfunction today. Driver’s Side Rear Slide was being retracted and suddenly stopped. The seals were deflated and vacuumed. I had never experienced this before and started verifying the usual items, suspension in Travel Mode, ample air pressure, electrical power, and engine running. Flipped the slide switch… Inspected the exterior of slide and of course the interior. Measured the front of the slide to the body and the aft side. They were within 1/8” of each other. We tried to extend it without success. Time to call the factory.

The issue is a blown fuse for the slide motor. The interior slide control screen did not indicate an error.

In this coach, the Valid Slide electrical panel is located in the basement bay opposite the entry door with the Spyder Wire electrical panels. There is a panel covering the fuse blocks. The panel is covered in the same material used in the bay sidewalls, ceiling, and floor. The cover is held to the aft side panel with Velcro.
Once the cover is removed the fuse blocks can be identified. The pictures I’m posting should help understanding how the fuses are placed in the block. Each fuse section has two fuses, one in use and a spare. In this coach the driver’s forward side is #1. Driver’s aft slide is #2. Aft curb is #3. If the slide has a raisable floor, there will be a fuse for it also.

The blown fuse is a 4 amp Bussmann Series Fuse. The size is listed as 1 1/4”x1/4”.

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas
#744 2005 45’ Newell Coach 
ZF Suspension/Active Steering Tag Axle
CAT-13 ACERT KCB Engine 525HP 1642 ftlbs Torque Cat Compound Turbocharger 43.5 psi
Allison HD4000MH Transmission with PTO drive.