You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Cleaning the Radiator
Lightbulb 

How do you Clean the Radiator?
I just got done cleaning the Radiator. I use Simple Green and try to soak it as best as I can from the Engine Side. After a few hours I take a garden hose and spray it from the outside in.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

i have tried a variety of things. from mineral spirits to simple green.

now i just use simple green the same way you do. it is much less nasty to use.

i also use my pressure washer if i feel like dragging it out

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Steve and Tom, I use Simple Green's heavy duty solution (it is actually kind of purple in color) at 50/50, let it soak for a few hours and then spray off from outside to inside just like Steve. This last time I was able to use my friend's commercial pressure washer with a heater to really clean off the inside fins, and get all the gunk that seemed impervious to the Simple Green off completely. Engine is running about 6-7 degrees cooler now.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

It does appear that Simple Green is corrosive to aluminum! We had better go to their Aircraft one or choose another detergent!

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch