You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slide 4 opened when opening Slide 1

Tech called this pm and said when he went to open DS salon slide, the PS salon slide opened.  It was not turned on in the control panel.  When he tried to retract it nothing happened.  Any ideas?  He was calling Newell to if they had an answer.

Thanks,
Chris

Brandi and Chris
Coach #636
Hot Springs Village, AR

I think you haven’t received any responses because there isn’t enough information to proffer a guess about what happened.

What was the tech working on?
Have the slide systems been a problem in the past?
Did the slide seal roll when the room extended? This is important info because the HWH system has interlocks to prevent the room from moving unless the slide seal has deflated for at least 15 seconds. In my way of thinking, if the seal rolled, then the room truly moved when it should not have. If the seal did not roll, then a good guess is operator error, and the tech may have incorrectly identified which room they were trying to open.

Please respond if you have resolved this so that we all may learn.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Tech was opening the DS slide.  When he engaged the extend switch the PS slide started moving out.  He caught it after a couple of inches but seal did roll out.  He called Newell and they helped him get the seal back in place and the slide retracted.  He was calling HWH as recommended by Newell to discuss the hydraulic system.  I will update when I have more information.  
Thanks,
Chris

Brandi and Chris
Coach #636
Hot Springs Village, AR

Let's hope they got the seal back in the track. And not just on top of it

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Your are correct Tom,  I verified with him that Newell had walked him through how to get the seal back in the track and he said it was successful.  Still waiting hear what HWH has to say about the confusing hydraulic situation.
Chris

Brandi and Chris
Coach #636
Hot Springs Village, AR

i have done 3 slide seals. getting the seal back in the track is not easy. and that is when i have the slide out with access to the seal and track. especially on the bottom where there is not much room.

so lets hope that he is right. newell uses a bar they have flattened on one end to pry the seal back in. are you waiting for the 2 to 3 week wait time?

check your email for one from me

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH