You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newbie question

I have a total newbie comment.  When running the generator I noticed the panel above the cockpit showed 240 V and the L1 light was on.  Nothing showed for L2.  I had the AC's and fridge on.  I expected to see something on L2 but?  I do not have volt or amp meters on the display.  My generator display is only oil pressure and temperature.  I need a lay mans explanation as to what I am seeing.  I admit to knowing very little about electricity and great respect for those that do.  Just trying to learn the best I can.
Thanks!

Brandi and Chris
Coach #636
Hot Springs Village, AR

I had a similar issue, turned out the lights had burnt out. They are relatively easy to find.

Best test for 240 is turn on your cooktop (if it's electric)

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Those stupid lights go out!! Replace them ALL…pref with LED.

That’s most likely your problem.

BTW…

On rigs with a SilverLeaf panel, you can see the voltages for L1 and L2.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Keep in mind, if you are plugged in or on the gennie, those wires that power the lights are LIVE!

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thank you.  Yes, the light is burned out.  Since they are hot on shore power or generator I will wait to change them when it cools down here.

Thanks again.  This website is a godsend to the less knowledgeable..... maybe one day I'll contribute instead of ask questions.

Brandi and Chris
Coach #636
Hot Springs Village, AR

Questions are a wonderful contribution! Gets all of us thinking.

I got my legs at grainger

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH