You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New Solar Windshield Shades

While at MCC resort we got our coach outfited with Solar Fabric Shade for our windshield and side front windoows.
It turned out great ! and most important it works , cuts 95 % UV and it reduces how much heat gets in to your coach via front winshield.

The fabric they used is newer thicker and more webbier tehnology! you can still see out and that is nice!

it took about 2,5 hrs to fabicate and they put it on your winshield durring the hottest time of the day , so the fabric streatch due to the heat on the windhield.
I aksed then why they dont raund off the corners for nicer more stylish look.
They said that when others do they use velcro style corner and that tandancy to live wrinkles on teh shade over the time! SolBrella Cover Designs use 3 snaps on the top and two only on the bottom for the main windshield section, very easy to set it up ! need ladder and one person can do it! they have 3 years waranty on their product , also they made two wipers covers.
Not cheap for total of 3 covers : windshield & two side windows will set you back $450 but results are worth the money!

We tested on the same hot day running 2 AC unit and we got down some 10-15F inside the coach ! its good investemnent if you stay in sunny spot for lonf periods, as we did full month facing sun!! alos it will make your AC running not as hard as with out the shade.

I took few images.

Les

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

darlene made a set for our 90 (yes bill, you get them, along with mirror and wiper covers) out of the same material. we put suction cups on them and put them on the inside of the windshield

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(04-08-2013, 05:11 PM)encantotom Wrote:  darlene made a set for our 90 (yes bill, you get them, along with mirror and wiper covers) out of the same material. we put suction cups on them and put them on the inside of the windshield

tom

I'll say it again & again...thanks Tom & Darlene!

2003 Ford F250 SD
2001 Honda Civic
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster LT

(04-08-2013, 05:11 PM)encantotom Wrote:  darlene made a set for our 90 (yes bill, you get them, along with mirror and wiper covers) out of the same material. we put suction cups on them and put them on the inside of the windshield

tom

Tom,
In the low right corner of the windshield's ection I had them put your newell decal on , it looks great! with our coach# Thank you...

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

Cool idea Les!
Wish I had some patches with my name and coach number.......hint, hint....

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337