You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

"No two Newells are the same"

During my stay at the Newell factory, I had several conversations with service personnel who were familiar with the Gurus. I heard nothing but positive comments concerning us and what we are doing. But I also heard a common reminder that I feel is important to pass on and reinforce. If you are working on a particular year & model production car, you will encounter exactly the same car, every time. When working on Newells we must remember that "no two Newells are the same". My coach, #531 and Russ White's coach, #530 are a good example. Although they were born at the same time, at the same place, by the same people Russ and I have noted about a thousand differences--we are unidentical twins. A second point for each of us to remember is that there are very few "one fix fits all". We need to keep in mind that a fix for one coach, may not help the next one of us. Behind this is the fact that the original builders had different wants and foresaw different uses. I think both of these points are important for both the person asking for help and the person trying to provide help.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve,

Your point is a good one, and I would add that one of the true advantages of this forum is that we usually take the time to explain how the system works and why the fix works. I think that helps diagnose problems when dealing with similar but not exactly the same coaches.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(04-10-2013, 04:11 AM)rheavn Wrote:  During my stay at the Newell factory, I had several conversations with service personnel who were familiar with the Gurus. I heard nothing but positive comments concerning us and what we are doing. But I also heard a common reminder that I feel is important to pass on and reinforce. If you are working on a particular year & model production car, you will encounter exactly the same car, every time. When working on Newells we must remember that "no two Newells are the same". My coach, #531 and Russ White's coach, #530 are a good example. Although they were born at the same time, at the same place, by the same people Russ and I have noted about a thousand differences--we are unidentical twins. A second point for each of us to remember is that there are very few "one fix fits all". We need to keep in mind that a fix for one coach, may not help the next one of us. Behind this is the fact that the original builders had different wants and foresaw different uses. I think both of these points are important for both the person asking for help and the person trying to provide help.

Very true, and thank you for passing that on Steve.

Our new coach buyer's all have different wants and needs , and we try our best to meet them.

My 1987 is a far cry from my first 1979 Newell, and worlds apart from our 2014 edition.

John Clark