You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Generator ram slide pin

The pin for the slide is corroded on. I will need to drill it out. Has anyone replaced this and if so where did you find it? It has a E-clip on top and bottom. Bottom E-clip groove is buggered out from me trying to turn it with pliers. (I’d like to pull generator out more to do some work on it)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

https://www.mcmaster.com/pins/end-type~r...ng-groove/

Before you try to drive it out with an instrument of persuasion, take a file and touch up the outer diameter. If a previous owner has been hammering on it, the end will mushroom and will not go through the clevis.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I removed the pin with a center threaded two jaw puller. This was a project I kept putting off due to other issues such as AC. I've relegated to the fact the basement units are toast and no longer worth pursuing repairs on. Only the rear most unit works but I am sure its days are numbered too. So moving on, the generator pin was an issue removing which was needed to be done so I could reach the relay box mounted on the generator head. Pin will need replacing since the bottom is chewed up and will not hold a E-clip.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312