You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

fans not coming on lounge & galley heaters 2005 #728

This issue just started yesterday and here is what i found so far
  • Low voltage fault- reset & panel is now normal
  • Pipes are hot in those zones Aquahot temp 180F on electric
  • Unless there is a location that I don’t know about, the fuses are all good
  • Front zone and bathroom zone are working normal
I have searched the forum for this issue and no new coach advice, the system seems to be different from the older coaches. If someone would point me to the fuse location for the fans, that would be a big help.

Can’t believe i am fault tracing without a wiring diagram, would be unheard of with an aircraft or car. Newell says no wiring diagram available as every coach is different. Can’t believe they didn’t place a build wiring diagram in the coach at initial sale.

2005 Mid Entry 600hp Newell
Piper Jetprop 560 HP
Aviat Husky Taildragger
2019 Porsche 911 Turbo S Exclusive
Delorean Turbo Special

Your 2005 has the newer 675 Aqua Hot with an electronic control board which showed the low voltage light.

When the zone that has fan coil fan(s) not blowing any air, please go to the heater bay and see what lights are on the board. Report that info and we can offer more help.

The fans are powered from the control board or that power triggers a relay to provide power to the fan(s). If there are relays for the fan(s), that was installed by Newell.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

(11-06-2022, 06:24 PM)Trainer Wrote:  Your 2005 has the newer 675 Aqua Hot with an electronic control board which showed the low voltage light.

When the zone that has fan coil fan(s) not blowing any air, please go to the heater bay and see what lights are on the board.  Report that info and we can offer more help.

The fans are powered from the control board or that power triggers a relay to provide power to the fan(s).  If there are relays for the fan(s), that was installed by Newell.
  • When i turn the galley heat on the panel doesn’t change, no additional lights come on and no fans start.
  •    
  • When i turn on the bath Aquahot the Pump 1 and zone 1 lights come on
  •    
  • When I turn on the driver and passenger heaters, the fans come on and there is warm air coming out, no hot air. Also the panel doesn’t change as far as the lights go.
  •    

Piper Jetprop 560 HP
Aviat Husky Taildragger
Delorean Turbo Special

Hi my coach is 2006, are you sure the lounge and galley are Aquahot fed? as mine are pure electric, my coach has 2 Aquahot units in the front seat area, and 1 in the rear bath, the two in the lounge and 1 in the galley are electric, and fuses for those are in the electrical bay midships on mine.

#1218 in Europe based in the UK

Based on the statement that no lights, especially zone lights come on when using thermostats to ask for interior heat, the thermostats are NOT asking the control board for heat. No zone lights, no interior heat.

This is a Newell coach problem not an Aqua Hot heater problem.

Rudy Legett
Southeast Texas Area

On 712 the fans for coils and the circulation pumps are controlled by the Electronic controller, 

The fans and pumps are turned on by the thermostat zone 1,3 heat, (I think coach is in Tampa and I am in Canada so I can not check)
If you have PAPST  pumps just because the motor is turning does not mean the impeller is turning, they are magnetic drive I have had lots of trouble with mine, impellers crack and swell

I have broken off the loose pieces built up with JB Weld made an arbour for my lathe and used a tool post grinder to get it down to size

Now I have magnetic particles that are copper coloured that are getting between my impeller  and shaft and seizing it up, I tried to make a screen for the intake of the pump but it is not working, I don't know what too do next I am getting tired of taking the pumps apart too clean them

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

John Kosir
712 2004  45-8

Call me John. For $250, I will send you a new pump. Pinch the hose to old pump, dismount the old pump, pull off of hoses, put new pump onto hoses, connect the wires and let it be supported by the hoses and you are good to go. Less than an hour.

Or source a pump yourself if you wish.

Rudy Legett 7 one 3 8 one 8 3234 from 8 to 8 central time

Rudy Legett
Southeast Texas Area

(11-07-2022, 09:10 AM)ian1959 Wrote:  Hi my coach is 2006, are you sure the lounge and galley are Aquahot fed? as mine are pure electric, my coach has 2 Aquahot units in the front seat area, and 1 in the rear bath, the two in the lounge and 1 in the galley are electric, and fuses for those are in the electrical bay midships on mine.

I removed the one in he lounge and found it was electric needed to be cleaned and have the overheat reset. It now works fine.

The one in the Galley is definitely Aqua hot but i do not know where the thermostat is located? Any help here?

Piper Jetprop 560 HP
Aviat Husky Taildragger
Delorean Turbo Special

In 712 thermostat is over kitchen sink same one of the zones will turn on the Aquahot pumps and fan

John Kosir
712 2004  45-8

Parisjet,

I just sent you a message. The thermostat at the kitchen counter is supposed to control that galley teddy fan. I sent you my cell number

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive