You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air leaks

We have achieved air leak Nirvana! Alas, if only temporarily! After our latest hunt using one of those sound gizmos, we replaced the two front air bags & a valve, the 12V comp. pressure reg. and the main waste valve actuator. The only leak that was audible to the naked ear was the 12v pressure reg. The air bags leaks were visible with soapy water. The actuator leak was the biggest but didn't show with soapy water & was not audible to the ear without the sound amplifying gadget.

Results: the 120V compressor now takes 10+ hours to cycle. Amazing as it was on an every 6 minute cycle. The 12v compressor (dry camping) did not cycle in 12 + hours and seems much quieter when it does run. Only took a year to get here. Have to admit the absence of compressor cycling noise is a little weird.

Now we're on alert for the inevitable decrease in cycle time as the next leak(s) manifest themselves!

Phil & Judy Horton
Buckwheat ( Cockapoo) & Willoughby (Sheltie)
1998 Newell #470, 20 foot car trailer & red '75 Porsche

Wow! 10 hours????
I was happy when I got mine from 20 minutes to 2 hours!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

good for you guys ! we are happy to go from 40 minutes to 3 hrs , ure makes more confotable to be able to seat outside by your coach and not hear instant compressor sound! Its amazing how much plumbing is in our Newell and how much can go wrong !

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb