You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1989 Newell Forsale

Thanks Tom, I am speaking with one person in Arizona, but it seems to good to be true. I just don't see myself traveling that far from Texas to possibly be disappointed, but I may have to.

It will work itself out
It always does
At the last drop of doubt
Just like it never was

(12-04-2022, 09:52 AM)encantotom Wrote:  just something to consider.....it is possible the original ad in tucson is real and that the others are scams based on that ad.  that is how it usually happens.  the scammers have to get the content somewhere. 

i can still view the ad in tucson.  it also gives an az phone number.  i can look up users IP addresses and the IP address for that person is in arizona.  plus the tucson ad says you must see it in person to appreciate.  not sure a scammer would say that. 

so it is possible that the original ad is real and the others a scam.  not saying that is the case, but it is possible. 

tom

(12-04-2022, 10:31 AM)Bill62 Wrote:  Thanks Tom, I am speaking with one person in Arizona, but it seems to good to be true. I just don't see myself traveling that far from Texas to possibly be disappointed, but I may have to.

These are post from Craigslist, there is someone who copies RV posts, then re-post with 3 small photos and low prices
I have seen at least 20 posts like this the past few weeks
They never answer the phone # posted but text you a few days later, Sharon is one of the names used with some sad story why its so cheap.
I have flagged these post but it seems CR continues to leave them up
Not sure what the scam is, maybe info collectors selling your info, but can't see anyone falling for sending them money.

i did a little marketplace snooping. it looks like to me the 92 for sale in tucson is with a coach flipper or broker. he has other coaches for sale. the 89 in yuma i believe is likely legit. it is for sale by a lady who also has a 5th wheel or sale. i think it is either a widow or daughter of the owner of the coach.

both are less than 3 hour drive from my place. i might be tempted to go look at one of them if my calendar over the next week worked out.

when a coach is sold by a widow or daughter that has little knowledge of the coach in general, it is hard to get all the info we gurus typically want. i have helped several widows with their coaches after their husband passed.

and a broker or flipper typically has almost no knowledge unless he got lots of passdowns from the previous owner.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

That would be cool Tom, I really like the colors on that 89, and I am an automotive painter, so the paint part doesn't scare me, water damage, rodent damage, and engine/trans damage do scare me.

It will work itself out
It always does
Just like it never was

I got videos on the 89, and while it does look nice, no fluid lines or airbags have ever been changed out over the last 33 years, the generator had coolant all over the radiator, definitely needs paint, but overall it is a nice coach, but I guess I'll keep looking, the distance from me, and the things that need immediate attention makes it out of my price range for now anyway. The mileage thing still puzzles me, they said they bought it from a repo place in Oregon 11 years ago with 10K on the clock, said they have made several trips from Alberta Canada to Yuma Arizona and it now has 24K on the clock.

It will work itself out
It always does
Just like it never was

Everyone, I am Jeff of Jrahn56 and I joined recently. I am in Tucson and have spoken to the alleged owner of the 92 (Coach No# 288) who says the coach belongs to his father-in-law who is in rough shape medically. I am trying to set up a time to go see the coach with my mechanic as Mike (the seller) says the generator won't starts, turns over, but won't start. Will advise. The guy (howard) who has it posted on FB is supposedly a friend of Mike. The coach number is 288, Newell didn't have much information on the coach when I called them last week other than the last service was 2021, for driver's side windshield and mileage was 14,000, prior to that was 2015, and the mileage was approximately 179K. As soon as I get appoint set I'll put the mystery of this coach to bed.

Generator not running could also be a low fuel level in tank. You need at least around 1/4 tank since the pickup is that high in the tank, unless it has dual tanks. Also if that coach has dual tanks make sure the fuel valve is turned on.
Good luck and hope it works out!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Thank you.

Jeff

I was able to start my generator which also would be fickle and not start from inside the coach. Let the coach air up, open the generator slide and while holding the generator start/stop solenoid, use the onboard generator start switch to crank it. It should start and run. (Close the generator bay once it's running) It should be able to be turned off from in the coach but you will have to hold the stop switch down for at least 20 seconds. (Two hands to start. One holding the solenoid in and the other using the start switch) once it starts, let it go and close slide.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312