You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New refrigerator

The old Amana refrigerator worked but the amp meter jumped every time it came on, we are working on going with more energy efficient units so we can get to coach to work off the sun without running the generator. The new unit is quite and the amp meter barely moves when its running, its much smaller than the Amana but we are not full timers and its perfect for my wife and I. With the left over front panels from the Amana we filled in the sides to make it look good, the panels were a little short but we patched it at the bottom and suits us, the right hand side has a 7" door where the vacuum hose can go or what ever. I used the bidirectional swing door hinge to make a door lock while underway, I printed up the lock and down the road will weld up an aluminum one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Beautiful work! Looks like it was always there.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Same for you Simon, you did an outstanding job on your coach.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

I have to admit when I saw Simon's fridge I thought to myself "looks super sleek, beautiful and efficient but how in the heck is he going to keep those doors closed". Well done by both of you.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO