You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Yanmar 20k not staying running

Genset will start (after a bunch of cranking - trying to not burn up the starter) and runs for about 10 seconds then coughs and dies.  I am suspecting the fuel filter is clogged so casually went to my bay to find a replacement only to find that I don’t have one… all of this in 20 degree raining weather at 3am this morning… the replacement filter is a Racor R26T with the water separator on the bottom.  Where are you guys getting these?  I tried FilterBarn.com but they don’t show one.  Found one on Amazon:  Racor Filter-Repl 225r 10m https://a.co/d/djSgrCp  hopefully this is not a knockoff… should I also check the regular fuel filter (NAPA had that one in stock): Baldwin P940 (is this a primary fuel filter - like a 30 micron and the other is a 10 or so micron?)
Thanks in advance

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?ti...r+AND+list

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks Richard, I have the filters but need to know where you guys buy them please. I want to order extras.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

If you are concerned about fake filters obtained through Amazon, then a little investigation on the supplier may help with that concern.

If you absolutely want to avoid that possibility, then buy Wix filters at your local NAPA.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )