You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New toilet

The original black toilet had bad water stains and also its pneumatic so we decided to put in a macerator toilet, we rebuilt the air part of the old toilet and going to remove all the guts from the old black toilet and willing to give to a guru plus postage if anyone needs these parts although Richard has first dibs if he want them he's local. The old bowl will be in the dumpster, there is a good black ceramic lid. 

After removing the toilet the first thing I did and clean up the pneumatic part and simplifying the system going to the 12v pump, the prior owners just put screws into the 1/4" line and left it at that. 

Installing the new unit was easy but the foot print is much smaller than the old toilet although its the same height its a shorter bowl, this leaves us with some interior decorating to tend to to cover up where the big toilet sat and also there is no tank area like on the old so it sticks out from the wall to much. 

I tapped into the aquahot main 12v feed for the fresh water pump and also the macerator control, I went with the fresh water pump rather than a solenoid valve to turn on and off the water just so you will not have to have a pressurized line all the time to use the toilet, seemed safer this way. 

I used 1/2 pex as it was limber enough to get into the 3/4 female NPT fitting at the top of the tank where the aquahot bay has a fill for the passenger side, this was a good place to suck from the bottom of the tank, also I put in a check valve to prevent backflow and keep the pump primed all the time. 
Overall it took half a day and 6 trips to the little hardware store here at Cedar Key FL. Today is tidy up day.

If you notice some extra pex and rubber hoses, I've been experimenting with a direct diesel water heater to make an on demand water heater.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Messages In This Thread
New toilet - by Jack Houpe - 02-05-2023, 06:24 AM
RE: New toilet - by Ernie - 02-05-2023, 06:49 AM
RE: New toilet - by BusNit - 02-05-2023, 08:55 AM
RE: New toilet - by Trainer - 02-05-2023, 09:33 AM
RE: New toilet - by Jack Houpe - 02-05-2023, 12:12 PM
RE: New toilet - by BusNit - 02-05-2023, 03:33 PM
RE: New toilet - by folivier - 02-05-2023, 03:54 PM
RE: New toilet - by Latitude 28 - 02-05-2023, 05:21 PM