You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Passenger rear air bags down - 2009 Newell

I went to take my coach out for a look at my rear camera last month and the passenger rear side was down. I limped in and the guys in Sanford were not capable of trouble shooting, so I limped it back home to Titusville. Now the 3 bags are down completely. I will talk to Newell this afternoon. Not sure if I'm capable, and unsure if there is anyone mobile that knows Newells. More to come...

Dave Head & Megan Westbrook
2009 Newell 46' Custom #1261
former Foretravel guru, 93 U280, 95 U320C
Titusville FL  (The Great Outdoors)

Chris at Precison Coach in Zephryhills may be able to help you.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Dave,
Give Chris Jones with Precision Coach in Zepher Hills, Fl a call (813) 997-0696.  He knows Newells other Gurus, myself included, have used him for work on their coaches.

I typed too slow....sorry for the double dip.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

(02-07-2023, 10:42 AM)Latitude 28 Wrote:  Dave,
Give Chris Jones with Precision Coach in Zepher Hills, Fl a call (813) 997-0696.  He knows Newells other Gurus, myself included, have used him for work on their coaches.

I typed too slow....sorry for the double dip.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Does anyone have info on the correct bags for a 2009 Newell with the ZF suspension and Cat engine. Newell asked me to take pictures and try to find any markings. Parts say they don't know (I was stunned).

I'm hoping someone has info. I have an appointment to get new bags 3/21. At 66 years old I can't do this kind of work anymore - just had 2 stents installed last month. When I get this coach back up its going up for sale...
Dave Head

Dave,

I know that airbag problems can be frustrating…but three bags failing at the same time would be a real coincidence.

More likely something in the air system. Which bags are leaking down?

Did you talk to Chris? He might be able to help.

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

(02-25-2023, 10:01 AM)bikestuff Wrote:  Dave,

I know that airbag problems can be frustrating…but three bags failing at the same time would be a real coincidence. 

More likely something in the air system.  Which bags are leaking down?

Did you talk to Chris?  He might be able to help.

Bill
The three passenger side rear bags are completed deflated. One for the duals, one for the middle and one for the tag. Valid control. The rear has a 5 pack. I'm calling Chris in the morning, and then the Valid folks.
Dave

Dhead
(02-25-2023, 10:01 AM)bikestuff Wrote:  Dave,

More likely something in the air system.  Which bags are leaking down?

Did you talk to Chris?  He might be able to help.

Bill
The three passenger side rear bags are completed deflated. One for the duals, one for the middle and one for the tag. Valid control. The rear has a 5 pack. I'm calling Chris in the morning, and then the Valid folks.
Dave

One of my very good friends brought his cousin who just got certification for working on RVs - he completely understood the Valid system. Even though my engine batteries are done and the coach batteries nearly done (2 8Ds in hand, 6 on the way), we were able to trouble shoot the Valid 5 pack for the back. I have a bad solenoid for the right raise. So in a week or so we should be able to get it up and then see if any of the bags of bad... Thanks for everyone's input. I will keep you apprised...

So I did some under the coach review (it can't get any lower...) - First I wanted to check the air tanks. The large tank dripped 1 oil drop. The first small center tank spat out a few drops under pressure. The middle tank put out close to 2 tablespoons of water and some green goop - say 1/2 a teaspoon. The farthest back tank spat a few drops. I made sure all four tank drains were well closed.

Then I checked the air bags - low and behold there was data on the inside of the bags: The tag axle uses a V1E25 AirCruise Vibracoustic Truck Bus Air Spring W01-095-0021 Conti 661N. Readily available on Ebay - 100.00 and change. The front and back bags for the axle are Conti 782N and I think I will have to have Newell find them or a substitute.

One of my very good friends brought his cousin who just got certification for working on RVs - he completely understood the Valid system. Even though my engine batteries are done and the coach batteries nearly done (2 8Ds in hand, 6 on the way), we were able to trouble shoot the Valid 5 pack for the back. I have a bad solenoid for the right raise. So in a week or so we should be able to get it up and then see if any of the bags of bad... Thanks for everyone's input. I will keep you apprised...

I'm curious, is it a 5 pack or 6 pack?  I have not seen a 5 pack.  Also, is the solenoid bad or is the coil on the solenoid bad?  I think you will find the coil to be a Hydraforce 4301512 which are readily available, I carry spares of them.  You can check resistance through them or just move the coil from one valve to the next.  You may be interested in this thread about the 6 pack valves.

Attached Files
.pdf Service Manual VTL05M001-SM-1.pdf Size: 3.78 MB  Downloads: 13
.pdf Solenoid Parts and O Rings.pdf Size: 94.14 KB  Downloads: 8
.pdf HydraForce 4301512 Series 08 DR Coil.pdf Size: 111.63 KB  Downloads: 6

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

There is now a lady working in Parts - Morgan is no longer there. I got the last solenoid, and it is a Hydroforce for $28.28. I looked on line and found the place you did - $22.00, so I will order two more. They were prepping to send me the whole 5 pack and I said NO, that would be pricey... Hopefully I can get the bags up. If the Conti 782N drive axle bags are leaking I may have a long wait. Newell has not been able to get them for like 4 months.
https://www.hydraulicstore.com/hydraulic...force.html.
Here are the pdf's for the Valid system for the 5 pack...
.pdf Valid VTL01K023-OM Operating Guide.pdf Size: 724.71 KB  Downloads: 5
.pdf Valid VTL01K023-QR quick reference guide.pdf Size: 2.9 MB  Downloads: 5
.pdf Valid VTL01K023-IG install guide.pdf Size: 746.4 KB  Downloads: 7