You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Fuel Gauge Calibration

When I replaced the fuel tank a couple of years back (a complete picture collage here on the site) , I replaced the sender.  Filled the tank with fuel and the gauge didn’t show full.  We’ll, I thought the wiring was compromised or the gauge was faulty but didn’t fuss over it.  I keep a log including miles traveled and fuel purchased and it gives me a somewhat accurate level of fuel.  Long generator runs can affect the accuracy but I pretty much know my generator’s consumption and can factor that in and, it is logged as well.

A couple of years pass and I’m disgusted the new sender didn’t work so, I purchase a new gauge.  Same result.  Then as I am pulling into the truck stop, the fog clears and the gauge is showing  full.  I sit down to log in the miles etc,  after filling,  and look at the gauge, it is now empty.  DUH, the adage “stupid is as stupid does” applies!  When I ordered the sender, I ordered the inverse resistance style.   I just have to remember full gauge is empty tank and empty gauge is full tank…. I could change the gauge again but I’m fine with being reminded of my mistake.

Sure does humble a guy when he makes a stupid mistake!

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Messages In This Thread
Fuel Gauge Calibration - by Richard - 02-12-2023, 02:33 PM
RE: Fuel Gauge Calibration - by Richard - 02-12-2023, 02:43 PM
RE: Fuel Gauge Calibration - by BusNit - 02-12-2023, 03:28 PM
RE: Fuel Gauge Calibration - by Latitude 28 - 02-12-2023, 05:55 PM
RE: Fuel Gauge Calibration - by Richard - 02-13-2023, 05:05 AM
RE: Fuel Gauge Calibration - by bestgenman - 02-13-2023, 06:36 AM
RE: Fuel Gauge Calibration - by BusNit - 02-13-2023, 07:44 AM
RE: Fuel Gauge Calibration - by Latitude 28 - 02-13-2023, 04:04 PM