You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

A bit of remodeling

Really changes the look, Very Nice!

Troy & Erica Tikalsky
Belle Plaine, MN
1985 Wanderlodge PT40
1986 Newell 40' (Sold)

Hey Dean, we'll be back in Indiana in late April....would love to stop by again and see the progress!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

We really enjoyed your last visit! You guys are welcome anytime Clarke!!
Our parking area is always open to our Newell friends. We currently offer 30 amp hook up and plan to offer 50 amp soon.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

The rear of my coach was originally a lounge with a U shaped couch. I have removed all of that and moved the front wall forward 8" in order to build a bed in. It will be positioned long-ways with the head at the rear of the coach like most standard floorplans. My question for those who have that arrangement:
There is a 12" "floor" along the back wall which allows room for the rear mounted radiator below. The head of the bed will be just along the front edge of that step and will be a few inches lower than the elevated "floor". I'm curious as to what Newell did with that 12" deep space? I'm thinking of trying to build doors to cover it and fill it with shallow shelves for storing seldom used items. It is not deep enough to use as a traditional clothes hanging closet.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

There are cabinets that utilize that space in the 'standard' Newell configurations. Most had 3 mirrored glass doors over the headboard to access the large storage area back there as well as access to the rear view camera and several relays.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I was going to upload a photo but there may be privilege issues. I will ask Scott to take a look.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Looks like Scott got the Gallery upload working.  Thanks Scott.

[Image: DSC10765-001.JPG]

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

In our '93 there was a cabinet with mirror doors and shelves like Michael said. But it wasn't deep enough to use for hanging clothes. Could you add a few inches to it for hangers?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Given that my 93 coach (used to belong to Forest) has limited closet space, I've thought about converting those rear cabinets to hanging storage. The means of doing this would be to hang clothes with the hangers parallel to the back wall rather than the usual perpendicular. The hangers would be vertically staggered so you could see all the clothes. I've seen this kind of thing in the past though at the moment I don't have specific examples. Of course the shelves would have to be removed.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Our 84 has something similar to Michael's pic but our cabinets appear to have slightly different doors. On either side of the bed they both have clothes hanging poles that run parelell to the back of the coach. We have a great deal of hanging space. In fact so much that we also put in hanging clothes shelves. Ours must be 2 feet deep. I don't have any pics but I have seen them on coaches of our era that also do not have a rear window like ours.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota