You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tag Bags

Leo had just finished removing the right tag wheel when the right tag bag popped. Happy it decided to let go  on the day we were replacing them. 

Then after getting them both replaced and the KOR HCV's installed we aired up and found the left tab bag has a leak. 

FinditParts.nohelp expected me to wait 3 days for them to figure out what they wanted to do with their defective bag. Leo call a supplier 30 minuets later he was replacing the defective bag. 

So with the HCV's and bags all hooked up I was stumped why the left front corner was more than an inch low. We noticed the left front bag was shorter than the right. then i spy the issue, a suprise, not a suprise. The left front lower shock mount was broken just like the right one we repaired last spring.
It is a very weak design that I hope is NOT a Newell design.  Once it was welded and reinstalled the front was level side to side. Sorry no pics of that. 

Then it was on to the generator exhaust that I hooked on a cattle guard. 2 new mufflers, 10' of 2" exhaust tube and 6 clamps got that sorted. 

Finally it's been a year since this guy joined the team. (see photo) 

Cheers and happy travels.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1998 Coach 484
1997 Suzuki Sidekick toad. 
Cheers.  

I might have filled my knickers if I was taking the wheel off and the bag blew!

I had my drive and tag bags replaced in October at Newell. They had some life left in them but I was there, they had them, and it relieved a concern (and lightened my wallet) about them letting go on the road. I didn't want to sit for a few days somewhere trying to get the right bags.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile