You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New 90mm Headlights

Like many I’ve gotten spoiled my the LED’s in our cars and find the coach headlights lacking.  Was thinking about a set from JW Speaker as I know they are a popular upgrade and/or the OEM choice from several manufacturers.  

If I went that direction I was also pondering the ones with DRL rings, but not sure if that would look good or be a little weird?

Would love all thoughts or insight.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Brad,

HELLA makes LED replacements in 90mm.

I just replaced one of the HELLA Halogen HIGH-beams after getting nailed with a rock. I spent Less than $60 and never consdiered LED since my low-beams are HID; just the high-beams are Halogen. HID/XENONS are a poor choice cuz they take a minute to charge up to full brightness. I know newer technology would be a lot better, though...as with LEDs.

Your rig doesn't have the mini LED array like the 2020 and P50s do...and MAN OH MAN are those suckers EXPENSIVE!!! It's around $500-$700 for that array which is a single chain per side..ugh.

I don't think an HALO would look back at all on your rig. Me being a Photoshop guy, I'm always doing mockups for stuff like this. Did it with our Dutch Star to see what a light bar would look like.

I will say this, as a "food for thought". I've read where selecting too cold of a temperature can cause a lot more eye fatigue at night. Think of the reason why Apple moved to warm-tone color correction for evening viewing on our iOS and Macs.

Hope this helps.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Steve makes a good point about the Hella DLR LED array. I have one LED in that 6 LED array that is inop and although I may be able to just get one string of 6 without the power module, they are proud of them.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling