You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Roof ac

I’m thinking about replacing my duo therm, with roof top unit, looking for suggestions on brand & where to buy. Also I have a raised roof in the bedroom, will I be to tall with roof ac?
Thanks in advance.

Paul   95 Newell

I have been looking at two specific units. Both of which are low profile. One is the Dometic Mach 8 plus 15k BTU (A/C only no heat pump) and the other is the Houghton low profile 13.5k BTU. Amazon and Recpro for the Houghton and seems like Camping world is least expensive on the Dometic but you will need to add in the ceiling diffuser assembly. The Dometic Mach 8 is 8.3" tall and the Houghton is 9" tall. I myself am trying to justify another $900 or so for the 1" lower profile since I absolutely hate the look of roof top units on nice coaches. Did I mention I despise the look?! Either of those units will be low in height to work on the rear of your coach.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Simon,

There a few threads on the Wanderlodge forum about the Houghton. IIRC, the owners who installed that unit commented on how much quieter it was . https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/f...hp?t=38883

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I’m needing a wiring schematic for Dometic control board for part # 3311557000 that hooks in to a 5 button thermostat.
Thanks in advance

Paul   95 Newell