You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

17.75 Gallons of Oil

That probably got your attention!  

Next time you (or your wallet) feel worn out changing your oil, you can console yourself that my beasts just took 8 gallons of Delo 100 40WT *EACH* plus 7 quarts for a genny (only changed one, have barely used the other one this year).  Thank goodness for O'Reilly's ($25 a gallon less 10% veteran discount) and NAPA for the filters (10% AAA discount) - I was short a gallon of Rotella for the genny so another $37 to West Marine. 

Cheers!

db

2008 C-15/ZF12
Towing Jeep Gladiator (BluOx/AirForce)

Just curious on my part, why Delo straight 40w? I normally associate that with the two stroke Detroits.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Yes, sir! Two venerable DD 12v71TIs. Just ran them for 23 hours straight and no visible smoke.

2008 C-15/ZF12

I bet its fun running the rack on those big boys. Sad I love the music of 2 stroke diesels in a boat. Big Grin

I'm trying to decide which one was more expensive, boating or RVing in a Newell.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

(06-14-2023, 03:24 AM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  I'm trying to decide which one was more expensive, boating or RVing in a Newell.

At least in the Newell I'm calculating miles per gallon instead of gallons per hour (70+ at 25mph cruise).  The real variable is time - we just ran displacement speed (9kts) from Key West to St. Pete (roughly 220 miles) with a generator running and burned roughly 250 gallons - on plane it's 12 hours dock to dock but I burn 900 gallons.  Then again, the boat doesn't ever need tires...

2008 C-15/ZF12