You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Front Passenger Slide when retracted

I will call the Newell boys on Monday as not an emergency but thought you gurus might save seen this before.

The top of the slide is coming in about 1/2” too far.  IF I stop it where it should be it does not think it is secure.   Looks like a stop is out of whack.  

See attached photo

Thank you in advance

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2023 Newell #1746
21 Bronco w/ Airforce One

JD and Kathy

JD,

Are you leveling the coach before or after you put out slides? These coaches have a lot more flex in the frame than you would expect. If you bring the slides in without being in travel mode that can happen. If it happens on the same slide and the same amount everytime, Newell may be able to adjust the slide.

On 653, (an early Valid slide coach), there was not any easy way to adjust the slide but I believe that they now have the ability to adjust.

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Yes, we are always in travel mode at ride height before bringing in the slides or putting them out. We then auto level after slides are deployed when “camping”. That what we were told to do at Newell.

2023 Newell #1746

JD and Kathy

Mine does the same thing.  I ran the Valid diagnostic and recorded a video of the amperage while sliding it in & out.  Newell said it was just a cosmetic thing and they didn't have time to fix it while I was visiting.  The amps were well within limits.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

Follow up:

I had a conversation with Newell,  after reviewing my video, it was determined that it is cosmetic.  There are adjustments for tilt and height but really need to be done at the homeland and not in the field. Going to be awhile before we are back to Miami.

JD

2023 Newell #1746

JD and Kathy

My front drivers slide usually has about 1/2" of it sticking out at the top rear corner.  Newell also said more cosmetic than function and don't worry about it.  Funny thing is, that after driving a few hundred miles it will usually be flush when I stop and inspect.

Rob
2016 Newell #1536

i know this is about newer newells, but it is a common issue for all of us with slides. i have taken the front slide out of hwh coaches on mine and two others here with my slide cart. the only place there is attachment from the slide to the coach is at the bottom. other than that, the slide is totally supported only by the slide structure it self. and then the pins that come in when the slide is in at the top. so with all that weight and ability to jiggle around, it is not too surprising that there is a little slop at the top. doesnt mean i like it, but not surprising.

and with the hwh slides, we are told that the slide pins on top are not required to be engaged to drive. the rams at the bottom will hold it in. the same for the valid slide mechanism i believe.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

another thing i just thought of. at least on the hwh slide with pins at the top.....there are hard foam inserts that go in those holes that help align the slide and pins and also keep it quieter....

is there the same on the valid slides?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH