You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Rudy’s coach caught fire today

I just found out Rudy’s coach caught fire today. It is a complete loss. They lost everything but their phones. They are ok from what I am told. My heart is broken for them as I just spoke to Rudy two days ago.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Glad they are ok. As painful as it is to lose everything, things can be replaced, people can't.

So sorry to hear this! I'm so glad to hear they are ok. What a scary thing to have happen.

Steve and Linda Burleson 
28 years of RVing
Current RVs: 1986 Newell #125 w/2004 Ram 3500
2006 Keystone Raptor Toyhauler 30' stays at the family farm 
Previous RVs: 1989 Rockwood Driftwood 35' gasser
1978 Georgie Boy 28' 

I posted the news on the newell fakebok group and have seemingly been banned from the group for doing so!?!

I told Rudy God must have big plans for him

In case you've missed it, Jeff Rosenthal set up a gofundme to help them
https://gofund.me/d5ed7a98

Arch & Mary Jones
1997 Newell #463
Williamsburg, VA or Gettysburg, PA 
depending on what day it is

Thanks Arch. I believe the owner of that group on FB has strict "laws" on doing any solicitations as he owns that page and people agree to those terms when they sign up. (I haven't really read the fine print) but it is what it is. You're not the first. I don't know what the big deal is especially with the group who is tight knit with one another.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

(06-19-2023, 06:42 PM)BusNit Wrote:  Thanks Arch. I believe the owner of that group on FB has strict "laws" on doing any solicitations as he owns that page and people agree to those terms when they sign up. (I haven't really read the fine print) but it is what it is. You're not the first. I don't know what the big deal is especially with the group who is tight knit with one another.
Thanks Simon, that just means you have to post more here Tongue

Arch & Mary Jones
1997 Newell #463
Williamsburg, VA or Gettysburg, PA 
depending on what day it is

Man sorry to hear that! glad he and his family are ok!!

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive

Thank you all for your concern, Carolyn and I appreciate that and the Gofundme gifts a giant bunch.

The great news about this is the next morning Carolyn woke up not feeling well. Took her to Urgent Care that sent her to the emergency room that put her straight into the hospital. After numerous tests, she got 2 stents put into a heart artery that was over 80% blocked. We had no idea of the blockage and impending heart attack.

So now, she is fixed and recovering from the procedure, on the mend. No motorhome, no stuff, none, but live wife. What is there to complain about. One friend shared that if you have a problem that can be fixed with money, you do not have a problem.

Yesterday, after inspecting a Newell that turned out to be ragged out, we purchased an 03 Foretravel U320 from a long time friend that decided to sell as they are back in a stick and brick. Very clean with all the appointments we want and then some at a proper price. Believe we will like it more than the one we lost which we liked a lot.

So Bless you all.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Glad to hear Rudy. I'm sure it'll be a great feeling to now be going forward.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Good news on both her recovery and finding another coach! I'm sure the stress of the fire didn't help either of you all's hearts.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas