You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New Toad - Airforce One

Hey all, 

Been awhile, but that is a good thing. Everything has been working great with the coach. 

My toad died a few weeks (timing belt broke and smoked the engine). Crappy timing since we were on a trip to Hilton Head Island when it happened. Anyway, I am picking up my new Bronco next Saturday, which will now become my daily driver and mytoad. 

Currently I have the M&G brake system installed on my coach and I love it. Richard was a huge help when I did the install a few years ago and provided much needed guidance. However, for the new toad, I am changing to the Air Force One Brake System. 

Wondering if anyone has any words of wisdom, tips or special insights on the coach side install.

Will keep you posted on my progress.

Tony and Cindy Frazier
1992, #300   Wink
2023 Ford Broncos Bad lands Toad
Columbia, SC

Hi I can't answer your question. I also have a new Bronco and am looking at the Blue Ox Patriot Flat Tow Braking system. Anyone have any thoughts on the Blue Ox System or why you are chosing the Air Force One Brake System over another?

Mario & Jennifer Hodgson
Rogers, Arkansas 72758
2000 Newell 554 
2013 Honda CRV Toad

Mario, I prefer the Ready Brute tow bar with built in Ready Brake. Simple, does not invade the coaches air brake system, very robust.

Or a Blue Ox tow bar with a Ready Brake between the tow bar and the coach.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area