You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

dometic problems

I have coach 537, last time we had it out AC units worked fine, went to take it out and the thermostat would only work the 
front ac unit, had the thermostat rebuilt had the front circuit board checked. can get the front one to work, can get the second one to work
if I run a jumper cable to it then the thermostat only sees the 1st and 2nd unit, if I run a jumper to the third unit it will work.

i believe it is a cable issue with the 4 wire RJ 11 cable and these revering blocks, anybody have any ideas, i am located in PA and cannot find
anybody to work on it, the suggested repair facility's listed on the newell site are either out of Business or not working on Newells anymore

I do have the Aqua hot switch in the AC position call if you have any ideas, R Fox 570-579-5623

Robert Fox
Coach 537

Hi Robert,

Before we can get very far, let’s get some more accurate info for the team. Do you have roof airs? Or basement airs?

What brand of thermostat do you have ?

There are so many variations on what Newell did, we cannot tell from your coach model and the info you provided what the deal is. If we can help you will need to bear with us as we go back and forth with the questions.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(07-17-2023, 02:27 PM)Richard Wrote:  Hi Robert,

Before we can get very far, let’s get some more accurate info for the team. Do you have roof airs? Or basement airs?

What brand of thermostat do you have ?

There are so many variations on what Newell did, we cannot tell from your coach model and the info you provided what the deal is. If we can help you will need to bear with us as we go back and forth with the questions.
I have roof airs and a 4 button thermostat

Robert Fox
Coach 537

When you say run a jumper cable to it, can you describe what you are doing?

By reversing blocks do you mean the valves that turn an air conditioner into a heat pump?

Do you have one tstat for all three units? Or one tstat for each unit?

Do you have additional info or behaviors that lead you to suspect the rj11 cable?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard, I spoke with Robert this morning and shared the Aqua Hot electric switch must be set to Air Conditioning, A/C and not to electric element energized which is what the "AC" in his first post seemed to say to me. If AC means air conditioning then the system is ready to be diagnosed.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area