You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Television Mounting and Removal

Hello Gurus - 

I want to replace my bedroom and solon televisions but can't seem to figure out how to remove them.  I suspect there is some detachable mount between the television and the chassis but I haven't been able to solve the riddle.  I've attached pictures of the current bedroom installation (I have a smart TV that will fit perfectly once the beauty ring is removed).  Please let me know the answer if you know it!

R/S,

db

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2008 C-15/ZF12
Towing Jeep Gladiator (BluOx/AirForce)

Every Newell is different…but the factory commonly used a few different mounting techniques. Move slowly and dont force anything as you try these.

1) They will put 5 lb catches at the four corners. In this case the trim panel will simply pull out from the catches. Try pulling on the trim piece and see where it “gives” this will give you an idea.

2). Sometimes these trim pieces are secured from the side. Look for misplaced screws inside the cabinets.

3). On the front TV in 653, there is a frame that tilts up with air shocks. Look closely in the gaps between the Trim piece and the cabinets for a little lever that releases the frame.

My guess is that this one is held on with 5 lbs catches.

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill -

Thanks and I should have been more clear - I'm easily able to open the trim piece (hinged at top, 5lb catches) but am completely stumped as to the television.

2008 C-15/ZF12

Oh…ok.

Can you get a flashlight reach your phone behind the tv?

I would expect that the tv will just lift straight up..but there may be a catch that has to be release before that can happen.

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill -

Good advice on the flashlight - it appears the television is mounted to a plate which was then screwed into a frame (4 screws on either side of the tv and each shows signs of having been removed more than once). I think I will give that a try.

2008 C-15/ZF12