You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

HCV Replacement

Gurus,
I had asked in another posting when replacing the Ridewell HCV with the KOR HCVs do you use the KOR arms as they come from Dayton or do you make an arm extension to match the original Ridewell valve length?

Thanks,
Steve

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

I have used them as is, except on the front. I never got a KOR to work on the front because the lever arm has to be very short in order to react to the rotation of the sway bar on the DANA IFS front end.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks Richard....that's a big help

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Richard,
I spoke with Rob at Dayton Air Products and he recommends the Haldex Height Control Valve - KN27000 for the front. Note: I have not gained access to the front to verify that this part will work or not! That will be next when I get the rears done. BTW the work you and Rob did getting the KOR HCVs for the back was spot on! They are robust and reliable looking valves.

HCV installation question.....Does a 1" increase or decrease in length on the HCV rod equal to a 1" decrease or increase (inverse relation to on another) adjustment in coach height?

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

While replacing the HCVs the control rod rubber grommets where completely dry rotted. Dayton air products has the replacement Ridewell Adjustable Height Control Valve Linkage Kit - 6210021....https://daytonairsuspension.com/products/adjustable-linkage-kit-6210021

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Its about 1 to 1 in the rear. The front is way more sensitive.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

If you haven't replaced your HCV with the KOR valve I highly recommend doing so as they are top notched piece of equipment.  I had a Blue plastic HCV on the driver side and the original black plastic HCV on the passenger side....they both leaked.

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

I am starting to understand the 2 years to get the coach in first class operation that Richard and Bill said. I hope my body holds up. Smile

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

This is on the to do list. I have some issues, not sure if its the HCV or the HWH solenoids. When I hit travel mode sometimes only the left side goes up. I have the bus up in the air right now so I will see what I can find. I have to familiarize myself more with the systems so I can understand how it all works. I know I have a HWH solenoid block in the back in the engine bay and one up front under the driver seat in the bay.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

Jeff my bus inflates the right side first, always. If I give it enough time the left will follow. I usually will manually inflate the left side to just below ride height then put the HWH into auto ride height mode.

1998 Coach 484
1997 Suzuki Sidekick toad. 
Cheers.