You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Starlink Router idea
Lightbulb 

Hey All !  Anyone have the starlink setup and found a great entry place for the router cable?  I have my in front passenger compartment but , this coach is a beast and the signal inside is not what it should be. 
Any help or advice floating around out there ?

Roger & Paula Westmoreland
2012 Quad Slide #1442
1714 CR 2921
Hughes Springs , Texas 

Our router is inside and the cable runs through a hole I drilled under the ductwork on the passenger side floor into the front passenger side compartment where the dish is stowed. Stole the idea from Richard.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

I put the router behind the TV and ran the wire through the roof where Newell had a spare input conduit on the curb side. The wire is long enough to reach the rear spoiler. I access the roof through the rear bathroom hatch using a telescoping ladder.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

(07-24-2023, 06:32 PM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  Our router is inside and the cable runs through a hole I drilled under the ductwork on the passenger side floor into the front passenger side compartment where the dish is stowed. Stole the idea from Richard
How do you package the dish in that compartment?

1998 Coach 484
1997 Suzuki Sidekick toad. 
Cheers.  

Everyone’s mileage may vary. Here is what we have done. I had to drill a hole in the ceiling of the R1 bay to get from the bay into the coach. I have a bit of ductwork that runs at the passengers side that is covered by a carpeted box. I ran the cable into the box, into the fuse compartment at the passenger feet, and up the A pillar into the overhead. That is where the router lives. It will broadcast all the way to the rear potty from there. If I sit outside on the passenger side it also broadcasts there.

I WAS storing the dishie in the R1 compartment. I had made a cradle to hold it upside down with the feet removed. I ran into two problems that I think were caused by that. The first was the cable connection failed. That was cured by running a new cable. The second problem was the motors starting locking up. I think I caused both problems with the storage location. How? I learned, duh huh, that while driving for two days in the rain while running the generator to power the AC’s that the air pulled in from the road has a enough very fine silt in it to gunk up the dishie. It didn’t help the dishie was stored upside down.

Oh yeah, this was only possible because I have a direct drive blower, otherwise the blower motor is in the way.

So now, I store the dishie, unplug it, and it rides in the car until the next destination. I unroll the cord, plug it back into the dish, and voila. I am concerned about the longevity of the proprietary connection plug, but if it fails there are tons of Utube vids on converting the connection to RJ 45.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

What he said, I put my dish in store unplug the router from the inside of the couch then take the foot off and stow it in the compartment. Then when on location just the opposite put the foot on the dish pointed North and plug it in.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas