You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Kwikee 32 Step Repair Parts

My step quit working. It was in the extended position.
I reseated the relays in the R2 basement cabinet but that didn't resolve the problem.
I did some troubleshooting according to a manual available on the Lippert/Kwikee site.
I determined the motor was NFG and started looking at replacements via info from a thread here.
A 1996 or 1998 Ford Taurus driver side window motor was said to be a replacement.
I found these on Amazon and decided to replace all items instead of piece by piece. The motor had a different style plug compared to the current Controller and the motor had a different gear. However, the Gear Box had a removable gear which could have been reused from the original.

NOTE: The step did not extend or retract completely by just bolting everything up. I had to add 2 washers and a lock washer to get one of the bolts out of the way of the internal gears. I found this out by reading the reviews for the parts. Only one bolt needed the spacing. 

We shall see how long the motor lasts.

Gear Box
Controller
Motor

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Hank,
I have a complete Kwikee step assy in the original box that came off of my coach. I believe it has a bad transmission.
If you can use it you are welcome to it. no charge, just pick it up.

Mark.

Mark & Beverly Fincke
99 Newell Show Coach, # 527 (Heavy Metal)
Twin Slides, Rear Bath
08 Saturn Vue XR  SUV Toad

99 Escalade ESV.

Thanks Mark,
For now the step is working as new.
With your steps and my XMIS it would make a working set.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile